Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2017/18

ASHIPP

Sad day. A very underrated coach. Hoping he will turn up elsewhere in the league because he deserves it. One of the most passionate players and coaches in this league. Finnerty is only at Storm because of the sale of the club and Rosehill has obviously followed him. The big question is whether they can strengthen the brand of Manchester Storm, building on the excellent work of Russell and Pacha........or , under the Finnerty regime, another year of mediocrity, taking a great, evolving Storm brand in a backwards direction. :(

Wannabe2

Sad day. A very underrated coach. Hoping he will turn up elsewhere in the league because he deserves it. One of the most passionate players and coaches in this league. Finnerty is only at Storm because of the sale of the club and Rosehill has obviously followed him. The big question is whether they can strengthen the brand of Manchester Storm, building on the excellent work of Russell and Pacha........or , under the Finnerty regime, another year of mediocrity, taking a great, evolving Storm brand in a backwards direction. :(
Maybe Pacha to Clan, they could do worse.

Storm will be better than last year, FINNERTY will be an asset given his new position will be one where he is able to control the quality of players signed and budget spent.

Have Hope#35

Steelers sign Matt Marquardt from Blaze, good player, good signing.
I never thought he quite lived up to expectation at Coventry... He came across as quite lazy in some of the Home and Away games that I saw him play in and he lacked a bit of fight/aggression, he looked something else in pre-season but then turned out to be a bit like Salters in the season he had for us (granted Salters was injured). If Sheffield get the best out of him it could be another excellent signing!?

Devil_Abroad

Two time KHL All Star... Should be the best Goalie in the league by some way! Lets hope they sign an average defence.
Last two years' stats don't look as good though he could have played on rosters with poor defence. Also last season didn't play that many games. His age is also against him.

Knowing the injury issues Panthers have had with previous netminders could this be another?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ocko

Last two years' stats don't look as good though he could have played on rosters with poor defence. Also last season didn't play that many games. His age is also against him.

Knowing the injury issues Panthers have had with previous netminders could this be another?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with you, however Panthers have already thought this through and have another import NM, so presumably the two will share with this guy getting the lion share of the big games.

Astute signing by the Panthers, certainly the best in the league on paper. You don't get that many NHL games without having something about you. However former Braehead NM Holt had a superb CV, quite similar infact, and was good but not the level I expected.