Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2017/18

Temme

Division 1 in Sweden is superior to our league, using one example Tylor Michel went there after us.

With us he posted 49 GP - 23G, 39A = 62 TP
in Division 1 he posted 36GP - 16G, 13A

Alsvenskan (spelling) is another standard up again. on par with LIIGA.

He played Division 1 the year before and posted 32GP - 5G, 28A = 33TP.

I'd expect him to go well over a point a game here and he looks a very capable puck moving centreman.

Dahlen played there last year (http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=212368) and he will likely be in the NHL within the next couple of years. The standard of hockey in Sweden is incredible and signing a player from their second flight is a very very good signing.

Rempel16

The Allsvenskan is the Swedish second division, after the SHL. Their Division 1 is the third tier and looking at the teams in that league i think we'd fair up pretty well.

Matzka went at a better scoring rate than Westerling whilst in the Allsvenskan, although he was some time before in fairness.

For a league player comparison, he has posted fairly similar numbers as Andreas Valdix and Markuss Nilsson, who were both petty good, but Westerling doesn't look to be an upgrade.

I'd be pretty underwhelmed if he'd signed for us.

JC23

The combined total age of their three signings this week is over 100!!!
Their changing room gonna be like the film-set of Cocoon!
Their physio is gonna be busy!
I wouldn't be so sure, Tim Wallace played a 70 game season last year. Jonas Westerling played a 41 game season in Sweden, and Matheson played a 35 game season in France.

Layne Ulmer had a maximum 45 game season in Asiago, yet came here and played 51 (league) games without much worry.

Temme

Obviously with these signings the steelers are not planning for the future and are going for a flat out assault on the league/play offs
I'm all for Sheffield bashing if they have made a stupid decision but players with the pedigree they have signed are not to be sniffed at.

Also, there is no 'thinking of the future' really involved in the EIHL, 99% of players are signed to one year contracts and probably half(?) are released/move on after the year.

Whilst 27/28 is probably said to be the prime age, many players don't hit their best until mid thirties.
32/33/35 is hardly a sign of signing oldies.

Nottingham won the grandslam (Treble...) in 2012/2013 with the second highest average age in the league.

The team with the HIGHEST average age (Belfast) finished second in the league.

Foxy

Mixed feelings on this one. Pacha was the type of player coach. I liked always gave 100% in effort and passion and i thought he did well with Manchester.