Cj n piggsy

Thread starter #1
Look certain to move on apparently

Unless lord can sort something out they will move on due to the new rules.

Personally I don't mind as we need to upgrade on these kind of players as they are not good enough.

They might give there all every shift but that's all they do give.

Johnnybravo1927

I genuinely feel for them but the OP is probably right. I very much doubt there will be a place for them on the roster due to rule changes. They are a victim of the new system. Both great guys who will continue their careers. I suspect that CJ will move to another EIHL side and Piggsy due to work commitments will play for the Fire but this just my opinion. I hope they both go on to enjoy their careers and hope to see plenty of them still

Wannabe2

Personally I don't mind as we need to upgrade on these kind of players as they are not good enough.

How unbelievably rude, these kind of players, what's that about. How dare you print this kind of tripe on here. No need for this garbage post, please remove.

trapped

both the heart and soul of the Devils and have been excellent for us on an off the ice. Contributions like CJ's goal away in Belfast in the run in show how important they are to the club. Personally, I would like to see them stay on a two way deal between the fire and devils or as effectively spare brits, to cover injuries. I suspect the former would be more attractive to both.

Make no mistake, were it not for the rule changes, both would have remained Devils imo.

I understand where the OP is coming from, but perhaps with a little more decorum in future.

kristian

Played an important part in the season nobody apart from the team know how much they give the team

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thread starter #7
Hey wannabe get off your high horse and go tell terry phillips not me.. he's the one who wrote the article.. what's rude with what i said.. it's true and lord has said it too...

You think because you have watched this club for 30 years or so you can tell people how to post??
[DELETED] Please don't resort to name calling - James

And I say these kind of players in terms of points that's all..

They don't produce enough points simple as that..

Last edited by a moderator:

kettdevil1

So the assumption is that they need to give more than their all?

Sorry, but not sure how you expect us to upgrade within the confines of the current rules and really disagree with the comment that they were not good enough.

Thread starter #9
Sometimes your all is not good enough!!
They tried yes but they were benchwarmers and nothing else they were only here to cover injuries really and everyone knows it.

Thread starter #11
I don't know!! But my guess is Craig Moore is one??

I would prefer to give ice joey Martin haddad etc the extra ice time than play jones and piggott sorry..

kettdevil1

So play three line hockey rather than four then? I suppose to a certain extent that is what we did later on last season.... interesting thought about shifting Moore from D to an F, personally if we are going that route I would go for Josh up front.

I would be really sorry to see either of them leave the club but we have to be realistic and they are the victims of the new rules. Yes they mostly played on the 4th line but they did put their all into every time they were on the ice unlike some of the players were have had at times. Yes we need players that rack up the points but that's not all and for anyone to say they are not good enough is wrong. They were good enough for the roles Lordo had for them and I'm sure they would still be here but for the new rule. I wish them both the best for the future and I for one am sorry to see them go.

Gazza272

They don't produce enough points simple as that..

Why in their role as 4th liners do they need to produce points? we had 3 other full lines and awesome Defenceman who were doing that?

look at Jason Hewitt at sheffield, they massively missed his presence on the lower lines this year. Someone who was defensively responsible, but brought an ethos to the dressing room year after year.

There is a definite EIHL player in Chris Jones, he certainly looks coachable and just needs that little extra breathing room where he is allowed to make mistakes, i think with us competing at the top of the league so consistently now, it's harder to give players like CJ that opportunity to grow and learn. Hopefully he picks up a roster spot where he is able to do that.

Legin

What about carrying a spare brit like we have done for imports, also if the rules are the same they could also ice if we had an import banned for any reason.

backrow

I read Lordo's comment that in a few years they might have developed increased numbers of young Brits with some extra effort. However, in a few years the 20, 21 and 22 year olds will not qualify under the new rule. A better and more realistic starting point would certainly have been a two Under 23 Brit players requirement, I think!

I totally agree with the OP, there is no way they are up to standard for the EIHL. The only reason they are here is because they are cheap and local. Piggott off the ice is a true team player, the guy makes everyone feel great and is always joking or laughing. CJ on the other hand, I've never really seen him do or say much. I can see Piggott either focussing on his career or moving down and playing with the fire and being on hand for injuries. CJ I think will try and grasp any opportunity he can get at still being an EIHL player even though he's not up to standard. Some people have it and some people don't and I'm afraid at this level, CJ doesn't. EPL would have been a good option for him, and it's really unfortunate that it has collapsed just as this ruling has come about.

I'm much more excited at the prospect of having Moore on our roster this year, I think this is a good rule which really removes the plugs and deadwood from the league and frees up space for young upcoming players with lots of potential. I do however think this rule should be tweaked for netminders, British netties have it tough enough as it is trying to make the breakthrough, I now fear after the likes of Bowns/Murphy/Murdy we won't see too many get the chance as using an Over 23 slot for your backup is a luxury most teams can't afford.

d20

I have a feeling Piggott will be staying on in some kind of role wether it's a spare etc he seems to be very vocal on any twitter feed and responds to all of them ,with Cj leaving he posted it will be the first time in 10 years I haven't played with him !!! nothing announced as to him playing anywhere so I wonder if he'll get signed and play a part in training and anytime we have injuries .