2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

ASHIPP

My guess would be that Jake would be Lordos right hand man considering how close they are.
In Jake's case as an assistant coach, yes - but injury cover only if playing. After last year's injury/surgery, he is never going to reach the fitness and contribution levels of previous years. A great support to Lordo and Jamie in a motivational role, though.

ASHIPP

latest from other forums:

Tyler Mosienko back to UK

Matt Marquardt, Russ Moyer, Felix Poulin to Fife! This is the club that recently debated about even being in the elite league, reputedly reluctant to sign up and pay for decent British players and is complaining that the import levels are too high to be affordable!

Vartel

I was checking out elite prospects and noticed that Brent Walton played (one game of) hockey last year in the WOAA league, after he retired from the Devils. Figured this random bit of information was perfect for the off season nonsense thread

zoesdevil

During CHL draw yesterday they said Liam Stewart from Cardiff, yes maybe this was a mistake or maybe it was a slip of the tongue, but who would he replace I'm our team & I was thinking (don't shoot me down) maybe Brine & the fact Steward hits hard & plays a tough game too?! Just strange they say it at draw & we are announcing a signing tomorrow!! (Just a thought).

Temme

During CHL draw yesterday they said Liam Stewart from Cardiff, yes maybe this was a mistake or maybe it was a slip of the tongue, but who would he replace I'm our team & I was thinking (don't shoot me down) maybe Brine & the fact Steward hits hard & plays a tough game too?! Just strange they say it at draw & we are announcing a signing tomorrow!! (Just a thought).
I heard the slip myself, i think it was in reference to him playing in the UK rather than Cardiff but didn't sound like it!

Stewart lacks a little offensive instinct, but other than this offers hell of a lot to any team.
It's difficult to judge just how much he brings to the table, looking at points alone his brief stint in ECHL was poor & i thought initially it was a bad signing by the Blaze.

However in a team of struggling players he did seem to stand out & his work rate was exceptional. Like a bigger Zach Hervato.

It's difficult to see who he would replace on our 16/17 roster as we didn't really have anyone in that mould, I'd say he was a combination of Brine/Piggott/Lord in his style though.

Given a second season in the league if he can develop his offensive game a little harder he could be a decent signing for any team.

Have Hope#35

Looking like Finnerty is in the process of buying the Manchester Storm
I heard the slip myself, i think it was in reference to him playing in the UK rather than Cardiff but didn't sound like it!

Stewart lacks a little offensive instinct, but other than this offers hell of a lot to any team.
It's difficult to judge just how much he brings to the table, looking at points alone his brief stint in ECHL was poor & i thought initially it was a bad signing by the Blaze.

However in a team of struggling players he did seem to stand out & his work rate was exceptional. Like a bigger Zach Hervato.

It's difficult to see who he would replace on our 16/17 roster as we didn't really have anyone in that mould, I'd say he was a combination of Brine/Piggott/Lord in his style though.

Given a second season in the league if he can develop his offensive game a little harder he could be a decent signing for any team.
If we're looking for a player in this kind of mould we have to go and Sign Faryna... He's a much better version with added toughness and points (Granted a little older but in his Prime)! Didn't they say 'the Cardiff Devils of the British League... where Liam Stewart plays'? I think they were referring to the British League part and not him being at the Cardiff Devils personally.

Looking like Finnerty is in the process of buying the Manchester Storm

If we're looking for a player in this kind of mould we have to go and Sign Faryna... He's a much better version with added toughness and points (Granted a little older but in his Prime)! Didn't they say 'the Cardiff Devils of the British League... where Liam Stewart plays'? I think they were referring to the British League part and not him being at the Cardiff Devils personally.

Thats how I interpreted as well

bb1

It's amazing how few rumours there are out there regarding our club and players. Simmsey did let out the Faryna rumour however it's gone all quiet on that front. Even though someone on here I believe did confirm he was signing!?!

The lack of rumours is great testament to our management and coaching staff. We can keep players we are looking at out of the radar of other clubs.

Devil_Abroad

It's amazing how few rumours there are out there regarding our club and players. Simmsey did let out the Faryna rumour however it's gone all quiet on that front. Even though someone on here I believe did confirm he was signing!?!

The lack of rumours is great testament to our management and coaching staff. We can keep players we are looking at out of the radar of other clubs.
Not sure lack of rumours is down to the club's officials as they can be started by anyone sat behind a computer anywhere in the country?

However, they do seem to act in a very professional manner and keep things to themselves as nothing seems to get out, not even from our friends at Icetime.tv! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

There is a bit of movement starting to happen with players now. Guildford and MK will benefit from other elite clubs releasing players or players in the league looking for new challenges. It is going to be weird seeing an amalgam of several players from different elite clubs playing on the same team and possibly former league players coming back up from EPL - rumours abound.

If the Devils were to recruit a player from another elite league team, Faryna surely has to be one of the few players with the all-round attributes required.

Love the assurance that a majority of our roster is returning and will be announced in due course. Also the excitement of knowing that one or two slots will need to be filled and that the Club is diligently and quietly working under the radar to research players.

zoesdevil

Could he possibly replace Brine, bigger presence, good back checking, got ok points in a struggling Blaze team (20 compared to 12 for Brine), also hits hard & young so wants to prove himself on a top team??
Possibly??