CHL Draw

youngbob

Did you watch the same live broadcast as me?

Banska Bystica - Slovakia
Neman Grodno - Belarus
Comark Cracovia - Poland

The teams you mention aren't even in our pot???

Pondlife

Just as a rough guide;

Vaxjo is 3hrs train from Copenhagen
Davos 3hrs train from Zurich
Liberec 1hr15 train from Prague

Can't see a cheapish way to get to local airports so this is based on getting to a reasonably sized one and then train travel.

Edit: hmmm, if they aren't our group thats 15mins I'm never getting back.

Pondlife

Group A: Banska Bystrica, Grizzlys Wolfsburg, Red Bull Salzburg, Tappara Tampere.
Group B: Stavanger Oilers, Malmo Redhawks, KalPa Kuopio, Kometa Brno.
Group C: Neman Grodno, JYP Jyvaskyla, EV Zug, Vienna Capitals.
Group D: Esbjerg Energy, Ocelari Trinec, Adler Mannheim, HV71 Jonkoping.
Group E: Cardiff Devils, HC Davos, Bili Tygri Liberec, Vaxjo Lakers.
Group F: Nottingham Panthers, Mountfield Hradec Kralove, TPS Turku, SC Bern.
Group G: Comarch Cracovia, IFK Helsinki, Brynas Gavle, Red Bull Munich.
Group H: Gap Rapaces, KAC Klagenfurt, ZSC Lions Zurich, Frolunda Gothenburg.
Each team plays six games during the Group Stage – one home and one away against the other three teams in its group. The first- and second-placed teams in each group then advance to the Playoff Stage.

With 16 teams in the playoffs, four rounds are required to determine the European club champions. The first three rounds are all two-game, home-and-away, aggregate-scoring series, similar to the previous seasons. The playoffs start on Tuesday, 31 October and finish with a one-game Final on Tuesday, 6 February 2018.

https://www.championshockeyleague.net/news/luck-of-the-draw-groups-known/2896

kettdevil1

Davos will be an amazing experience and with Swiss public transport being so good, should be OK to get to. Vaxjo is trickier but I think flight and train should do it..... less fussed on getting to it is pretty close to Prague.....

Foxy

Just as a rough guide;

Vaxjo is 3hrs train from Copenhagen
Davos 3hrs train from Zurich
Liberec 1hr15 train from Prague

Can't see a cheapish way to get to local airports so this is based on getting to a reasonably sized one and then train travel.

Edit: hmmm, if they aren't our group thats 15mins I'm never getting back.
dont worry 15minutes not wasted:)

Diafol

Did you watch the same live broadcast as me?

Banska Bystica - Slovakia
Neman Grodno - Belarus
Comark Cracovia - Poland

The teams you mention aren't even in our pot???
Bob they were in our pot which meant all teams in that pot were allocated different groups.

I quite fancy a trip to Prague then a train ride to Liberec based on the journeys quoted above :)

ASHIPP

Nothing easy about our group but the priviledge of squaring up against two historically strong top teams in Europe - Davos and Vaxjo- is a real treat. Don't know much about Liberec.

Btw, does Liam Stewart play for the Devils now?! That seemed to be the inference when our club name was being drawn!

Panthers appear to have landed on their feet in a straightforward group. And their away fixtures fairly easy to travel to. Their fans happy.

RedDevil17

It's a tough group but it will definitely be exciting! I'm looking forward to it and the upcoming EIHL season and I'm genuinely missing my hockey. I don't think we will qualify realistically consider the teams we're up against but miracles do happen so who knows....

matbur

I hope they are able to do something or there's an official package of some sort.

Really looking forward to this and hope I can get to one.

I'd like to think Devils could have a good go at putting a few past Liberec and Vaxjo, perhaps even take a W against Liberec. Same as how I feel Panthers could surprise Mountfield HK. As for the Swiss teams, fingers crossed it doesn't happen but I can't see past anything but a relatively heavy defeat, but the Swiss are super passionate fans, beautiful country, though very expensive.

Best of luck to you guys and girls, unforgettable experiences ahead!

wildthing74

Dream come true to go to see a game in Davos.I was initially underwhelmed with the other 2 trips but upon researching they seem pretty easy to get to.

Red Army Travel will for sure try and organise a trip or at least assist when the fixtures are released.

kristian

Well I can't see my wife signing off on a private jet but I will definitely ask Todd to look into a group charter once the dates comes out. Those can often be fairly economical and a huge amount of fun! Let me get back to you on this.
Who wears the [emoji158] in the house [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk