2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

I'm going to take a wild guess at Doucet?!
Is there any reason Doucet keeps getting mentioned as if he's on his way out ? He was our joint top goal scorer last season, and top goal scorer the previous season. He blew a bit hot and cold last season, and was dropped a couple of times, but usually responded - he scored the opening goal in the playoff final I seem to recall

ASHIPP

We are not even sure if this is one of Simms's confusing red herrings. 3 or 4 posts speculating on a particular player is no confirmation they are leaving a club.

Devil_Abroad

So according to LeFebvre interview Faryna wanted to stay there but has a family and therefore didn't fit the wage structure. Guess he therefore doesn't have a team yet and so won't be our signing on Friday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

James

Administrator
So according to LeFebvre interview Faryna wanted to stay there but has a family and therefore didn't fit the wage structure. Guess he therefore doesn't have a team yet and so won't be our signing on Friday?
Not necessarily. If he was on our radar and LeFebvre contacts Lord to say hes available I doubt it would take long to sort

ASHIPP

Not necessarily. If he was on our radar and LeFebvre contacts Lord to say hes available I doubt it would take long to sort
Hope so. Surely Dundee would have known about their change in circumstances a while ago. Teams don't suddenly announce the departure of player- Faryna wil have been informed of this change to let him move on with his future. And players are often scouted and approached whilst they are still witha club.
We can hope that Faryna has been approached by our Club - he will generate a lot of interest around the league.

pjj365

Vladimir Putin is in good form at the moment. Could bring a new dimension to the 'enforcer' But he plays forward His defence (or was it security) minister got 4 goals - 11 between them and 4 assists for Putin (I think - can't be bothered looking up the article)

pjj365

Think Putin plays centre - he got (I think) 7 with 4 assists and his defence minister got 4 no assists

Auditioning for Trump's next venture - an NHL team

Doubt we could afford them

Believe we are signing an U23 Brit tomorrow from a team who was in the EIHL last season - looking around the league at teams rosters last year my guess would be a Stars player as they had a few who played 50+ games - Craig Moore if I was to have a guess!

Jonesy83

Also said there's no chance Brine will be coming back and that he's average at best and was so cheap he was unfireable.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's one of the 2 off to MK

Just listened to Simmsy's periscope and he said there are two Devils moving to MK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, Doucet & Kearney off to MK. 2 very good signings for them and they could easily challenge for that conference. Think Douce was always going to leave when he was the guy to be left out on a few occasions - believe Lord thought he took too many silly penalties and he also didn't really work on our 3rd or 4th lines with the top 2 lines doing so well in the tail end of last season

Last edited:
Also said there's no chance Brine will be coming back and that he's average at best and was so cheap he was unfireable.

I can't see it being brine. With how down on Brine Simmsy is he wouldn't carry on about how good of signings for MK they are if one was Brine. He would blatantly say one good one bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Simms is such a sour-faced sore loser.Negative about one of our players who has history with the Steelers' coach and proved them both wrong by being on a team of champions last year.

ASHIPP

Believe we are signing an U23 Brit tomorrow from a team who was in the EIHL last season - looking around the league at teams rosters last year my guess would be a Stars player as they had a few who played 50+ games - Craig Moore if I was to have a guess!
Seriously, if the Devils signed Moore, that would be good work. 2 seasons with Dundee, over 100 EIHL games, alternate captain, captain of Team GB U20 season before last, experience in North America, can play in several positions. A top young prospect.

Jonesy83

Simms is such a sour-faced sore loser.Negative about one of our players who has history with the Steelers' coach and proved them both wrong by being on a team of champions last year.
I was a big fan of Brine's last season, I thought he did a stand up job for us. He genuinely seemed like he loved cardiff and was thrilled to be here. I wouldn't be disappointed to see him back and if the Euro import rule was still in place, I think he would have been.