2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Where else would Faryna go?! He's a perfect fit for Lord's style of play, and will know that. They'll be pursuing him and offering good money. Unless someone else breaks the bank, why would he not want to join the champions and a team that is known to be well run?!

Have always admired Faryna as an opposition player, and had an incling that he would be someone Lordo would look at. Good player who you wouldn't enjoy playing against due to his gritty style of play. Has a decent points return at around a PPG in the weaker conference which would be interesting to see how he would do in the harder conference with better talent around him. What I like is his attitude, if he doesn't like something, he will let you know about it, and stop at nothing to protect his team mates. Would be a great addition (as long as he's not ordered to play like a pussy)

I just wonder (If it's true) who he will be brought in to replace?
Would be an upgrade on Morrissette IMO even though not like for like. Asselin-Martin-Faryna?

Jonesy83

Seen a few comments that Matt Marquardt is a dead cert for the Steelers. Not happening according to mr know it all (Simms) on twitter.

Devil_Abroad

He's not following us on Twitter. Interestingly he's following Walser - maybe did a deal late last year to join Giants?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Seen a few comments that Matt Marquardt is a dead cert for the Steelers. Not happening according to mr know it all (Simms) on twitter.
Simms loves playing the 'I know something ' game all the time - he knows that fans read into every tweet or comment from players, or movements on databases like Elite Prospects.

Whilst he is often right about player rumours, he is often wrong or chucks out some red herrings to ramp up spculation.

Justin Faryna would make a fantastic addition to any team. But any story from Simms should be treated with caution!

Wagstaff

Matt Marquardt's tweet today says that the Blaze have informed him that he will not be returning next season, sounds from the rest of the tweets that he's loved his time in blue, so I think he was planning on staying if he could. Read for yourself... @certainlymags37

Foxy

Have always admired Faryna as an opposition player, and had an incling that he would be someone Lordo would look at. Good player who you wouldn't enjoy playing against due to his gritty style of play. Has a decent points return at around a PPG in the weaker conference which would be interesting to see how he would do in the harder conference with better talent around him. What I like is his attitude, if he doesn't like something, he will let you know about it, and stop at nothing to protect his team mates. Would be a great addition (as long as he's not ordered to play like a pussy)

I just wonder (If it's true) who he will be brought in to replace?
Would be an upgrade on Morrissette IMO even though not like for like. Asselin-Martin-Faryna?
If Bordy doesnt return which i dont think he will i should imagine Faryna would be his replacement

Devil94

Imagine a line of Faryna - Myers - Bordy\Hervato type player.

He would give us the nasty edge we arguable didn't always have last year, and should be good for at least 20 points a season.

bb1

That type of line will cause nightmares for the opposition. Both Faryna and Myers are hard working, hard hitting, gritty players. I really do hope we have signed Faryna. He will stand up for his team mates and drop them.

However do any of you still feel we would need a Bordy or Mcgratten HW if we signed him? Or just add another guy like a Desbiens/Marquadt type guy who will fight when needed?

Devil94

If we signed him, I don't think we'll need bordy or a similar player. Just a power forward who will fight if needed. Especially if we can hopefully keep Louis, and we have lord as well.

ASHIPP

Imagine a line of Faryna - Myers - Bordy\Hervato type player.

He would give us the nasty edge we arguable didn't always have last year, and should be good for at least 20 points a season.
A player of Faryna's style would offer toughness as well as skill on a line where, in the past, one or two of the less physical forwards lost their board battles and got shut out of the game, and therefore were totally ineffective ..who knows, if we are lucky enough to have him join the team, he could be replacing one of those players.

He's nasty and gritty with a tremendous work ethic - he would also look good in the Red and Green. :cool:

Last edited:

bdevil

Lord tried taking time on the bench last season but no one was able to fill his void, Faryna could provide that. That's only IF Lord is looking as taking time on the bench again this coming season.

Devil94

What do people think about signing Jake Morrissette as an assistant coach, and a spare import if injuries? Like Sheffield did with Darrell Hay a few years ago.

Would allow lord to play with Jake and Jamie on the bench.

I've discussed this with my Devils buddy and we are both on the same page as you in this respect; love Jake, but think his career as we knew it is over now. He looked good on the bench last year and could still provide injury cover if need be.

ASHIPP

Jake has been a fantastic servant to this Club but it was no co-incidence that the team played better/far more consistently when he went to the bench during/after his surgery.
Not meaning any disrespect last season's captain, but at times he was the weakest link in our forward lines...largely,I expect through soldiering on through injury. The fact that his recovery took a lot longer than was originally hoped might suggest it is time to re-consider anyway. Not many players can return to top form after major surgery...and the tough truth is that every player will need to be in top condition, match fit and puttingin great performances for the team to meet the challenges of the CHL and the domestic schedule.
Panthers,Giants and Steelers have all had former players as Assistant Coach/injury cover in the last two seasons. Jake was certainly a motivational element around the bench last season. A great support to Lordo and Jamie.