2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

pjj365

Sheffield local press reported that Council were demolishing arena and building a 5000 seater nearer the town centre

Apparently arena no longer viable for major touring acts when competing with Leeds

Said to be a 5 year plan but not seen anything further for a few months

Only thing I've heard regarding Sheffield is that they've been asked or are being made to pay more in rent than ever before. I guess until it's confirmed what's happening with Sheffield Arena and this new potential arena then they'll be remaining in the arena but may play a few more in IS.

Only thing I've heard regarding Sheffield is that they've been asked or are being made to pay more in rent than ever before. I guess until it's confirmed what's happening with Sheffield Arena and this new potential arena then they'll be remaining in the arena but may play a few more in IS.
On the subject of arena's and rent
, do we pay rent for IAW?
Be a massive shame if rising rent sees the end of some teams just as our sport seems to be getting a little more popular.

James

Administrator
Steelers are playing their preseason games out of Ice Sheffield as there wont be ice laid in the arena till closer to the start of the season.

ASHIPP

Some wishful thinking or invented rumour over on the Cage about one of our British players. Funny no-one on here has heard of this 'story'....but apparently a Panthers' fan has their finger on the pulse!

JC23

Some wishful thinking or invented rumour over on the Cage about one of our British players. Funny no-one on here has heard of this 'story'....but apparently a Panthers' fan has their finger on the pulse!
Just did a quick scout and couldn't see what you're referring to, care to share buddy??

august04

I'd be disappointed if we didn't re-sign Batch as I think he has great potential still but he needs to play to his obvious strengths and that's his physicality. That didn't happen as much as I'd like to see this past year. Would Lord not re-sign him though? I wouldn't be totally surprised if we didn't. Numerous times last season when the bench was shortened, Batch was often relegated to bench duty, which I'm sure he wasn't happy with either. This might explain the Ben Davies returning rumour too. We only have 5 spots for experienced Brits - Bowns, Murdy, Richardson, Batch, Myers. If (and it's a big if) Davies returns, who goes? An interesting few weeks ahead I think.