More Seats

pjj365

Doesn't that include the land cost of £4-5m which was free so lets say around £12m!? I believe Greenbank wanted to recover around £10m but were offered around £6m. Maybe we're just playing the waiting game as I believe the building is still making a substancial loss, £5-6m may soon sound like an inviting prospect!?
Part of the overall problem may (and I stress may) be a commitment for arena owners whoever they may be to complete the development

I stress I know nothing but this could be more than just the ski slope If that is the case then whilst that might be where the income lies it cannot be an attractive proposition to anyone considering buying the rink

Also anyone know if there is a loan on the building. If so our owners - being primarily financiers - could buy the loan and sit back and wait - asuming thereis a charge specific to the building

Wannabe2

Wasn't there supposed to be a ski slope above the arena at some point, or has that been scrapped now? If it's still in plan, surely that would require some sort of roof restructure, which could be the time to look at extra seats?
The Ski dome is in another phase, it isn't above the Arena thank goodness, behind the IAW between us and the road, there is supposed to be a multi storey car park, with a 150 metre ski dome on the roof of that. That's still a number of years down the line. The aptly named sports village, has to contain Water, Snow., and Ice, as there was a European grant to help with this.

Why has nobody questioned Cardiff Council as to why the European Grant wasn't used to build the IAW, the White Water centre ?
Probably because it was used to reclaim the land used to build property.

Have Hope#35

Could well be replacing some of the flimsy broken ones already in there ?
Hopefully... My Wife's has been knackered since the start of the Season (when we got the ST for it), we've brought it up with IAW about 4-5 Times through the Season, every time they've promised to get it fixed! Still not changed to my knowledge :rolleyes:
If it's like it next season i'll be bringing the tools to swap it myself!!!

Milky

I hope there were 3,100 seats in that van, the ones that are currently in place are abysmal. The whole rink should have the padded type that are in the corporate area and then proper comfy seats where the corporate currently are.
Another example of incredibly poor decisions when building the rink. Shame:(

If you lean to the side they buckle and I can only imagine how bad they must be for some of our 'larger' fans.

d20

The city needs a 15,000 arena for gigs and other events .

I very much doubt we would be in there but dont see why we couldnt have an agreement like Nottingham,Belfast ,Sheffield to play games there and then when its not available play in the IAW but like I say dont see it happening.

Ejercito Rojas

Cost to hire a 15000 seat stadium would be horrendous, plus the atmosphere in a 2/3rds empty building wouldn’t be beneficial to the fans and more importantly, the team!
15000 is simply too big. 7000, now your talking!

I would not think it is likely there would be an ice pad anyway?
Well one of the pictures later in that article does show an arena that has plexiglass and ice laid down, so who knows.

So just imagining, but say we did have a huge arena to fill, say 12,500 (15k cap arena - ice surface), with 2,500 season ticket holders (to make the maths lazy).
You have 10,000 tickets to sell, what would you do?