Devils shirt

Sheincar

Thread starter #1
Rescued from premier Inn London Road, BT Cardiff Devils shirt. Small adult or large child. Brought back to Cardiff. Let me know if yours. Was found on cleaner's trolley on 1st floor.

Jones72

Not really...but again, I guess there's no guarantee that the owner is even online (or at least very active online)?

Don't get me wrong...I'm not knocking the attempt...or the good deed...just commenting on why no-one's come forward. :)

Might come down to a period break announcement next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheincar

Thread starter #6
Sorry but I have no intention of hanging onto shirt that long. If it's not claimed by end of month I plan on selling it & donating proceeds to an All Stars charity to which I personally have not already donated.

Wannabe2

Sorry but I have no intention of hanging onto shirt that long. If it's not claimed by end of month I plan on selling it & donating proceeds to an All Stars charity to which I personally have not already donated.
Think thats a bit harsh, good deed to help charity but this could be a young kids shirt, who may not even have noticed it missing yet, or they could be on holiday. If you don't want to look after it, I live in Cardiff and will keep it safe until someone comes forward, or can announce it next season, after all this could be a youngsters birthday, or Xmas present.

Leighton

just posted on FB and twitter... You never know. Chances are if its a child's they wouldn't notice until they go to put it on first game of the season (i know my son wouldn't know where his is!)

Sheincar

Thread starter #9
Think thats a bit harsh, good deed to help charity but this could be a young kids shirt, who may not even have noticed it missing yet, or they could be on holiday. If you don't want to look after it, I live in Cardiff and will keep it safe until someone comes forward, or can announce it next season, after all this could be a youngsters birthday, or Xmas present.
Hardly a little harsh as I doubt Premier Inn would have kept it that long. Plus I don't know about anyone else but I wash my shirts at the end of the season so even if the child hasn't missed it I expect the parent to. This is not a current shirt BTW.

drainage

Hardly a little harsh as I doubt Premier Inn would have kept it that long. Plus I don't know about anyone else but I wash my shirts at the end of the season so even if the child hasn't missed it I expect the parent to. This is not a current shirt BTW.
It's entirely possible the owners haven't 1 noticed it's missing 2 aren't active on social media 3 don't log onto The inferno , many hotels keep things for months (I know I travel regularly for work and on a punt tracked back a dress I left in one 3 months after I stayed there )

It's great you tried to re unite it with its owner but for me it's not yours to sell no matter how good the cause, sorry for me that doesn't sit right , I would happily take it in or am sure the Devils office would as well ?

Sheincar

Thread starter #11
It's entirely possible the owners haven't 1 noticed it's missing 2 aren't active on social media 3 don't log onto The inferno , many hotels keep things for months (I know I travel regularly for work and on a punt tracked back a dress I left in one 3 months after I stayed there )

It's great you tried to re unite it with its owner but for me it's not yours to sell no matter how good the cause, sorry for me that doesn't sit right , I would happily take it in or am sure the Devils office would as well ?
And how exactly is the Devils office meant to reunite the shirt with it's owner? After all I'm sure they have plenty to occupy themselves with over the next 4/5 months.

Gaz G

So let me get this straight.

A pleasant and civilised person picks up a Devils shirt which has been left in a hotel in Nottingham. She/he then brings it back to Cardiff and during the off season posts on the Cardiff Devils forum that she/he has the shirt.

Of course the only thing to do is berate the original poster and suggest they do it another way.

I hate to say it but this forum is getting very very clicky and at times tedious.

Happy hockey days though eh.