Matt Myers

pjj365

Thread starter #1
Anyone know why he was scratched for GB last night

Is he injured

At Playoffs Valdix had him against the boards and seemed to have his arm up his back, Matt's pained face and scream were not good

He played on but is he not fully recovered

kettdevil1

Anyone know why he was scratched for GB last night

Is he injured

At Playoffs Valdix had him against the boards and seemed to have his arm up his back, Matt's pained face and scream were not good

He played on but is he not fully recovered
GB named 28 players but I believe the maximum bench size is 22 so Myers (along with Ben) was a scratch. Given the other scratches, I suspect it was just giving him time to recover after last weekend.... I guess we will see if he dresses today?

ASHIPP

On the line-ups on Flashscores last night, I could only see Dowd, Swindlehurst, Garside and as not playing, with Murphy (as the other goalie to Murdy) - were they the healthy scratches? Ben and Matthew still on injury list last night?

kettdevil1

Final squad has been announced, Myers, Bowns, Ritchie, Murdy (as reserve NM) are in..... Batch is out.

Baffling decision especially as Davey Phillips is included who is surely an inferior D Man?

No Jack Prince either which surprised me

solelace84

It's unreal that davy Phillips made the cut and batch didn't.... I do not get that at ALL. Batch is a far superior D man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettdevil1

Dave Phillips plays top 4 minutes all season for the Steelers and has a wealth of International experience. You don't play a full season in the AHL unless you have something about you either.. not sure why anyone is surprised to see him in the squad.
Hmmmm m'lud regarding the AHL point, I give you the Sean McMorrow defence...

Everyone sees things differently but for me Phillips is one of the least convincing D Men we see in our conference. He was moved up when Ratchuk was injured and whenever we played the Steelers we always seemed to target him when moving the puck into the zone. For me he takes penalties at key moments and lacks the physical upside Batch can give us.

rocketbob

Dave Phillips has to be one of the dirtiest players I have seen in some time. He even stands out on the Steelers. Good luck on the penalty kill team GB.

wildthing74

The D man lucky to be there is Stevie Lee. Used to really rate him but he has had a shocker this season as has his team mate Locho.Pretty sure Corey being involved is the sole reason they got a call up.
Joke that Jack Prince got overlooked.

ASHIPP

Team GB is never going to move forward based on these decisions. Creaking veterans (eg Weaver) and dual-nationals (Brooks? Mosey doesn't even play in this country!) do nothing for the development of talented young players. Even more ridiculous when you consider how consistently well some of these young guys have performed for their clubs this season......and they are just being judged on 2 friendlies?
Josh - defenceman for the Elite League Champions; Jack Prince even scored the GWG against Poland in the last game FGS! Ross Venus - a consistent young player for Blaze.