2017/2018 Rumours & Offseason nonsense

Gaz G

A reliable source has informed me of Faryna & McGrattan to Devils !

Would be delighted to see Faryna in a Devils shirt. McGrattan I understand has fallen out with Panthers hierarchy. Me thinks Bordy isn't coming back - especially as it seems he's been on a leash most of the season.
Who's the reliable source?

Wannabe2

Would be delighted to see Faryna in a Devils shirt. McGrattan I understand has fallen out with Panthers hierarchy. Me thinks Bordy isn't coming back - especially as it seems he's been on a leash most of the season.
Can't see McGrattan at Cardiff.

I really hope McGrattan wont be a Devil next season! He looked completely disinterested in the games I saw him play in this season. Just skating around really slow with that awful tinted visor!! Well well passed his prime. Yes he can still fight but you wouldn't get the big hits that we did from Bordy. If Bordy is to leave Id rather us sign another Louis type player.

He's also got a two year deal at Panthers...
Wasn't M.Myers contracted to the Panthers but released on a gentleman's agreement to Cardiff, remember could not play in a challenge cup game against Nottingham due to this agreement.

Brian Mcgrattan may be credible due to the Calgary connection, plus he put similar numbers to Desbiens.

Personally Id rather our league move away from these enforcer only characters to a team with 3 - 4 lines of go to players who can play.

ASHIPP

Admittedly he did look disinterested and distant at many of the Panthers' games but we do not know the background there. That could just be his style. But there were rumours of a falling out with hierarchy because of the drinking culture allowed amongst the players. There appear to be divisions/damaged team spirit amongst his team mates too. Can't deny he scored some very important goals for them - particularly in the Continental Cup. If motivated and happy, who knows, he could be a Desbiens on another team.

Certainly like the idea of Faryna joining the Devils - again a player admired by many for his grittiness and style. Isn't he ties to a University deal at Dundee for another year?

Wasn't M.Myers contracted to the Panthers but released on a gentleman's agreement to Cardiff, remember could not play in a challenge cup game against Nottingham due to this agreement.

Brian Mcgrattan may be credible due to the Calgary connection, plus he put similar numbers to Desbiens.

Personally Id rather our league move away from these enforcer only characters to a team with 3 - 4 lines of go to players who can play.
All well and good having go to players but if an opposition out and out enforcer starts taking liberties with our skilled players who's gonna step up and be counted of these go to players? don't think they'd stop players like Rosehill and Klotz having a field day, you must meet fire with fire otherwise our skilled players will receive a little too much intimidation imo.

All well and good having go to players but if an opposition out and out enforcer starts taking liberties with our skilled players who's gonna step up and be counted of these go to players? don't think they'd stop players like Rosehill and Klotz having a field day, you must meet fire with fire otherwise our skilled players will receive a little too much intimidation imo.
Sorry I thinking more along the lines of a power forward who can score, terrify and fight much like the Brad Voth only with less penalties incurred.

The NHL has moved away from these role players and now requires all lines that have the potential to score and play, maybe the days of the enforcers are coming to an end especially if those in the ahl know they won't get into the show on toughness alone.

bb1

Now that would be a great line with a Myers!
I can't see McGrattan here but Faryna has been one of my favourite players in the league. Tough, gritty, hardworking 2 way forward who has every attribute of a 'Lordo type player'. Would be a great signing.

BostonBart22

I would take klotz over bordy, hits like bordy, not afraid to go with any heavyweight as we saw last season, couldnt believe how little ice time blaze gave him though...

Wagstaff

I would take klotz over bordy, hits like bordy, not afraid to go with any heavyweight as we saw last season, couldnt believe how little ice time blaze gave him though...
Skating he looked awkward, but positionally he always seemed to be in the right place, screened the Nettie well and had some lovely little touches, fought for his team and meant it, I'm not sure why he sat on the bench and wasn't utilised

Wannabe2

Skating he looked awkward, but positionally he always seemed to be in the right place, screened the Nettie well and had some lovely little touches, fought for his team and meant it, I'm not sure why he sat on the bench and wasn't utilised
Probably because the league has gone too soft, two players only have to look at each other nowadays and the stripeys are in, it's hockey for heavens sake, not crochet it's not the stripey show. Season 15/16 was much better for physical play.

Ocko

Probably because the league has gone too soft, two players only have to look at each other nowadays and the stripeys are in, it's hockey for heavens sake, not crochet it's not the stripey show. Season 15/16 was much better for physical play.
It was for us, but not other teams. We had 26 less fights this year than last with only 17 fights (we lead the league last year with 43). If we had 15/16 amount of fights this year it would've been almost identical total fights for the league.

ASHIPP

Now that would be a great line with a Myers!
I can't see McGrattan here but Faryna has been one of my favourite players in the league. Tough, gritty, hardworking 2 way forward who has every attribute of a 'Lordo type player'. Would be a great signing.
Can you imagine that line? Awesome. Reminds me of the Janssen-Farmer-Lawrence line that destroyed the Devils' rythum and energy in the CC final 2015-16 season.
They had the ability to grind the opposition right down and had skill enough to offer good secondary scoring.

I really hope McGrattan wont be a Devil next season! He looked completely disinterested in the games I saw him play in this season. Just skating around really slow with that awful tinted visor!! Well well passed his prime. Yes he can still fight but you wouldn't get the big hits that we did from Bordy. If Bordy is to leave Id rather us sign another Louis type player.
The tinted visor is due to multiple concussions. The brightness of the lights glaring on the ice isn't particularly good for him so the visor helps deal with it.

McGrattan is an awful hitter, old school dirty hits. Takes the knee out more often than not like David Ling often did. Many hits tend to be very high too, ended Andrew Alberts' career in the NHL with a high hit.

He's on a 2 year with us, optional 3rd year I think but as others have said, he doesn't get on particularly well with management (GM, Black etc.) the drinking culture within the team could be the reason as suggested, got guys like Lawrence, MacMillan and a couple others who drink like fishes and quite often the night before games, especially Sunday games.

If he quits Panthers, which I wouldn't be surprised about, though disappointed, then Cardiff could be the place he ends up. He wants to do a University Course relating to Alcohol Abuse and Support, though he may be doing an Open University course for that online.

bb1

With our success of this season and upcoming Champions League Hockey we will no doubt struggle to attract some great players. I doubt there will be too many changes but I don't think we will see either Brine or Bordy back.

Both did a superb job imo but I'm sure Lord and management will look to upgrade them.
From what I've heard the team was based around a 75-80% arena capacity yet we were selling out pretty much every game! We will sell more STs for the upcoming season than any other.

There are plenty of guys out there who could do a tremendous job. Guys like Zac Rinaldo, Anthony Peluso and Luke Gazdic seem to be out of favour in the NHL. All are young hungry but would obviously come under the Bordy/Mcgrattan pay scale..... A few seasons ago we thought these guys would be impossible to attract but look how far we have come as a club and league. If there is anywhere the big names will look to first it's the Devils....our reputation under this ownership and fan base is as good as it gets anywhere in Europe.

Could see Tom Sestito come back to the league. Doing okay in the AHL, well, pretty good for his type of player. But they'll be aiming to reduce fighting each season now so his place will soon go.

He'd do a job here obviously. Could also attempt to get brother, Tim, over here.

drainage

Pretty sure Brine tweeted they were off to Zagreb so if he's signed with a KHL side I dont blame him.
They also live in Crotia in off season ........no idea where he's signing but that's their home ! They both loved it here she actually cried when she saw their flat when they came over , both said they had never been treated so well. Lovely people happily have him back