Devils v Stars - Sat 8 Apr 2017 - Championship Semi-Final - FO 1pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI FINAL

The Devils travel to Nottingham along with the RED ARMY in search of that last trophy of the season that will guarantee the fabulous EIHL GRAND SLAM by taking on the Dundee Stars.

With apparently no webcast for the Championship Finals you will have to rely totally on our fabulous and unique MNL updating service.

If we manage to keep our band of merry texters off the sherbert until mid afternoon we will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and coverage of any beach ball game the RED ARMY have got involved in: all at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

If you want to give MNL updates from the game please text the MNL line on 07527 625206

ASHIPP

Sadly the lack of tv coverage shows how much work still needs to be done to give our beloved sport more exposure over here. Even more frustrating because club attendances for many clubs have increased in the last 12 months and the UK general attendance record has moved up the European rankings.

We can only hope that continued exposure of our national team to a wider audience has a noticable effect. As the WC group tournament is being hosted in Belfast in April there should be good opportunities for coverage.

Or is it going to take a medal win from Team GB to generate any regular large-scale exposure? Would field hockey be as high profile now if Women's GB hadn't won their gold medal in Rio?

ASHIPP

The Devils have achieved dreams this season. To attain the Grand Slam would be historic. But these games are for the team to enjoy.It would be great for the guys to have some fun along the way and end their season loving this sport even more.

Best of Luck for the weekend, Boys.

Really looking forward to the weekend, as others have said lets hope that the Devils can play without too much pressure of a potential Grand Slam. The big debate is going to be "who sits?". Personally I'd bench Bordeleau for the semi-final. I can't see Dundee trying to play physical and with their netminder having a stormer in the quarter-final the devils will need as much skill/scoring as possible in the line-up.

Thoughts?

JC23

For me, Bordy plays.

As for who sits, I'm sticking with Kearney.

He's been good, but he hasn't set the world alight in front of goal.

At least with Bordy in the team, if Dundee are out pacing us with their speed and skill, Bordy, Louis, Lord, Haddad, and Batch can grind them down fast with big hits.

Just my take mind you.

august04

It's a difficult one. For me both Bordy and Culligan play. It seems Kearney has been injured and I'd probably sit him again on Saturday.

Jonesy83

That could have been the worst period of hockey I've ever seen the Devils play.

And to make things worse I'm sat in the middle of Dundee block in Nottingham, who to say the least are loving life right now.

We need a massive 2nd period.

Jonesy83

2nd period a lot better and we are unfortunate to not at least be level. Passes actually starting to come together. Dundee seem like they are starting to get tired to me.

Fingers crossed for a big 3rd period.