More Seats

jeff123

Thread starter #1
Just a question regarding rink capacity. Now that Cardiff Devils are an established success, should the owners invest in adding seats to IAW? We sell out a lot of games, so surely it makes sense to add more. All the premier teams around Europe have around 5000 minimum.

Samael

Seriously people !! Any need to be so rude ??

The poster asked a question, if you are not interested then don't reply, no need for sarky comments.
This.

There's no need for the snarky replies. Just because a lot of you people spend every day trawling these boards doesnt mean everyone else whos dares to post a thread on what a lot here consider to be their exclusive little forum. Dont be so fkn rude to people not in the inferno old fart circle jerk.

Ocko

I don't think that IAW will ever be expanded. As much as I'd like to see it the costs would be too great as it would also likely involve the purchase of the facility off Greenbank too. Basically the roof would have to come off and it extended out for it to be anything over a hundred or so.

It's more likely and a better bet that the Devils will be playing elsewhere in 5-10 years time than there is of extending. Im sure the management will be keeping an eye on any developments of the CIA's replacement which is due within 5 years that will be a Sheffield/Belfast type of arena.

Last edited:

Samael

I'd love to see the Devils move back into town as l've never been a huge fan of the bay. If the CIA gets replaced will a new arena be built on the existing site? Also l think it would turn IAW into a white elephant if the devils moved to a larger multi purpose arena. This is Cardiff county council we're talking about though so l think a replacement for the CIA will more likely be closer to 10 than 5 years time. Hopefully TK and the Calgary 4 are still running things by then because a 10k+ arena full of Cardiff Devils fans chanting 'lets go devils lets go' would be quite a sight, and sound and if anyone can fill an arena that size Todd can.

Samael

I didn't think anyone was being rude to the original poster. We were joking around with KingMo19.1 ?
Really? So remarks like 'BORING' and 'ls it possible for threads to be marked as boring and repetative' are "joking" in your book? Not mine, but l suppose it's acceptable for the dads army posters to be rude and condescending as it's "joking"...
Gotcha