Webcast for playoff semi/final

Devil_Abroad

Looks like a new account? I wonder if we can log in anytime and watch it after? Like we can with Manchester Storm / Icetime.tv / Steelers.tv

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vartel

If you click a few buttons you can see that the new webcast website for the playoffs is run by a Sheffield company. Wonder how much experience they have with streaming something like this to thousands who will clearly want to watch the finals. I wonder if they also have an experienced camera man who can follow the action closely, and decent experienced comentators

Paul Sullivan

Visionmix are the equal of any streaming company in the UK, certainly in hockey, including our own excellent ice time.tv ( Who I think have the edge for pre/post content and commentary. But I'm not at all biased....)

The man at the head of that company is a true pro and knows exactly what he's doing. I'm not saying problems can't happen (an inherent issue with streaming) but the production level will be as good as you will want.

To put it into context - if you liked any of the slow-mo clips I use for my videos from this year's Challenge cup final (or 2015, including 'that' shot of Lordo with the trophy - they all came from Visionmix.

Again - the inter web can throw problems at anyone - but ability and professionalism won't be an issue if it is Dave and co from visionmix.

Wannabe2

Visionmix surely are capable of producing a first class product, there's no problem there. Shame it's not Ice Time though.

Diafol

Looks like a new account? I wonder if we can log in anytime and watch it after? Like we can with Manchester Storm / Icetime.tv / Steelers.tv
Apparently we can.

• Purchase includes HD download of the game recording
If we make the final I might buy it in case there's no DVD.

Bazza

Anybody know if Bierkeller (or any other suitable location!) plans to show the game(s) - especially Sunday if/WHEN we get there...?

Wannabe2

I think the Sheffield production visually is the best in the league. But it is still an absolute rip off.
Bit confused here, why is it a rip off, I think a triple deal maybe could have been offered, but Steelers and most productions charge £8-£10 per game, exactly the same as this.

Ocko

Because it costs £30 for 3 games.

You're paying £30 for something that 25 years ago was free, 15 years ago was part of Sky Sports for £8 per month and last year was £5 a month on Premier Sports.

The event is sold out, they've made their money. I personally think the league should give something back considering all owners have had their highest ever crowds this year. It stinks of extortion and squeezing every last penny out of fans.

I love the EIHL level of hockey but let's not kid ourselves it is minor league. The product is nowhere near what they are charging. It's PPV prices that you would normally find for world class sporting events. They can afford to charge these prices because they rely on loyalty rather than quality of product which is wrong. In terms of our standing in the hockey world it's probably the equivalent to paying 30 quid to watch the Johnstone's Paint Trophy semi final and final.

solelace84

Bit confused here, why is it a rip off, I think a triple deal maybe could have been offered, but Steelers and most productions charge £8-£10 per game, exactly the same as this.
The EIHL are just shooting themselves in the proverbial foot with this move. The playoff weekend is perhaps the BEST advert for the league and British game that exists! If it was televised for free, the potential increase in interest and followers could be huge. What a dumb, short-sighted business move. For a league that claims to want to expand and promote the British hockey game... They sure don't seem to be making any moves to suggest that this is the case. I just don't understand the EIHL sometimes, at times it appears to be going backwards!!!

Nevertheless, I will be paying to watch all the devils games via this webcast... Hopefully, they are prepared for the volume of subscribers....

I think the Sheffield production visually is the best in the league. But it is still an absolute rip off.
a rip off? it £10 per game, you choose what game you watch, £2 more than the average webcast....what actually is a rip off is £89 for a weekend ticket AT the play offs, so if you include the 3rd/4th game ....a game which neither teams or fans really want to be in/see, that means each game cost £22.25, which means I can watch a semi final and final for less than that

Compared with the £11 I usually pay at the IAW £10 for two games that might not stream properly is a rip off. Added to that I do not have a device that is guaranteed to work with their system so even if I pay I might still not be able to watch.

However I'll be first in the queue if a venue choose to stream it as it would be great to watch it with other supporters. It's a shame it cannot be shown in the IAW.

JC23

Compared with the £11 I usually pay at the IAW £10 for two games that might not stream properly is a rip off. Added to that I do not have a device that is guaranteed to work with their system so even if I pay I might still not be able to watch.

However I'll be first in the queue if a venue choose to stream it as it would be great to watch it with other supporters. It's a shame it cannot be shown in the IAW.
IAW this weekend has the NIHL 2 cup semi finals on Saturday, and final on Sunday. Along with a Cardiff Comets game on Sunday afternoon. Arguably making them more money than streaming the playoffs.

As fans we need to A) remember that IAW is in fact a business, which isn't owned by our team at all, and B) There is more hockey in Cardiff than just the Devils.

Wannabe2

Because it costs £30 for 3 games.

You're paying £30 for something that 25 years ago was free, 15 years ago was part of Sky Sports for £8 per month and last year was £5 a month on Premier Sports.

The event is sold out, they've made their money. I personally think the league should give something back considering all owners have had their highest ever crowds this year. It stinks of extortion and squeezing every last penny out of fans.

I love the EIHL level of hockey but let's not kid ourselves it is minor league. The product is nowhere near what they are charging. It's PPV prices that you would normally find for world class sporting events. They can afford to charge these prices because they rely on loyalty rather than quality of product which is wrong. In terms of our standing in the hockey world it's probably the equivalent to paying 30 quid to watch the Johnstone's Paint Trophy semi final and final.
25 yrs ago the league was sponsored by Heineken, and the BBC had a interest in hockey, then came Sky with Seconda Watches sponsoring the league, two huge companies with plenty of clout, and plenty of money. Now Sky plough so much into football they don't need small vision numbers, people pay them anything from 80/120 per month so they are sorted. So now the league transmits it for £10 for 3 games or whatever, now all the punters who have paid top dollar to go start to moan about what they pay, where does it end.Premier sport as you rightly say transmitted it, firstly multi camera, using Televideo as production company, then that got too expensive, they then used the clubs footage, and that really was a shambles, one team covering it with a 30k camera and a top cameraman,and another club using a £6-50p Camera and using a cock eyed moron. Webcasting if far far from perfect, but it's fairly cheap, makes the league money which it ain't flush with, No one has to watch all three games, as no one had to buy full weekend tickets, could the price have been reduced maybe. Is £10 too much to watch your team play, don't think so. You can please some of the people some of the time, but try pleasing hockey people all of the time, ain't going to happen.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

Ocko

25 yrs ago the league was sponsored by Heineken, and the BBC had a interest in hockey, then came Sky with Seconda Watches sponsoring the league, two huge companies with plenty of clout, and plenty of money. Now Sky plough so much into football they don't need small vision numbers, people pay them anything from 80/120 per month so they are sorted. So now the league transmits it for £10 for 3 games or whatever, now all the punters who have paid top dollar to go start to moan about what they pay, where does it end.Premier sport as you rightly say transmitted it, firstly multi camera, using Televideo as production company, then that got too expensive, they then used the clubs footage, and that really was a shambles, one team covering it with a 30k camera and a top cameraman,and another club using a £6-50p Camera and using a cock eyed moron. Webcasting if far far from perfect, but it's fairly cheap, makes the league money which it ain't flush with, No one has to watch all three games, as no one had to buy full weekend tickets, could the price have been reduced maybe. Is £10 too much to watch your team play, don't think so. You can please some of the people some of the time, but try pleasing hockey people all of the time, ain't going to happen.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.
But that's part of my point. I know about the sponsorship in the HPL and ISL days but the costs then were reasonable and you had far more for your money. Now, it's the fans absorbing the cost for mismanagement. Premier would've been more than happy to screen the POFW but that doesn't make the EIHL enough money. Tickets prices are the highest they have ever been and the event is subsidised by Nottingham City Council. So why the need to charge 30 quid to watch the entire thing over the internet? It's not as if they are employing the commercial director as promised, or going to 4 officials. It stinks of greed. It should be about growing the sport, not squeezing every last penny out. If the team you support isn't in the game it's very unlikely you'll watch it, which is very sad. It's supposed to be the highlight of the year but it won't attract anyone to watch it unless your team are playing in it. The league are obviously well aware that at least 60% of the Devils fanbase (2k), 90% of the Giants (4.5k), 50% of the Steelers (3k) won't be there to watch their team. It's unnecessary to charge so much.

Belfast can afford to charge an early bird offer of a fiver and still make a profit but the league charge double. The profit margins must be huge.

I dont see how anyone would be unhappy if the games were shown on Premier or Red Button or anything that would provide a platform for a bit of growth. The 'You can't please everyone' just doesn't wash with me. Hockey fans in thr UK are desperate for the sport to be the best it can be. I certainly wouldn't feel aggrieved that I had paid for my ticket and it was televised.

E.D.S.

But that's part of my point. I know about the sponsorship in the HPL and ISL days but the costs then were reasonable and you had far more for your money. Now, it's the fans absorbing the cost for mismanagement. Premier would've been more than happy to screen the POFW but that doesn't make the EIHL enough money. Tickets prices are the highest they have ever been and the event is subsidised by Nottingham City Council. So why the need to charge 30 quid to watch the entire thing over the internet? It's not as if they are employing the commercial director as promised, or going to 4 officials. It stinks of greed. It should be about growing the sport, not squeezing every last penny out. If the team you support isn't in the game it's very unlikely you'll watch it, which is very sad. It's supposed to be the highlight of the year but it won't attract anyone to watch it unless your team are playing in it. The league are obviously well aware that at least 60% of the Devils fanbase (2k), 90% of the Giants (4.5k), 50% of the Steelers (3k) won't be there to watch their team. It's unnecessary to charge so much.

Belfast can afford to charge an early bird offer of a fiver and still make a profit but the league charge double. The profit margins must be huge.

I dont see how anyone would be unhappy if the games were shown on Premier or Red Button or anything that would provide a platform for a bit of growth. The 'You can't please everyone' just doesn't wash with me. Hockey fans in thr UK are desperate for the sport to be the best it can be. I certainly wouldn't feel aggrieved that I had paid for my ticket and it was televised.
I don't disagree with both sides. What gets me is that ridiculous cricket sport starts this weekend where there will be 8 people watching a county game in the stands. Yet it has sky sports backing. Appreciate that the big bash & 20:20 bolster it a bit but that wasn't always the case. Even netball gets more backing than we do (nothing at all against netball. It's a cracking sport). Surely those folk in Elite League towers must look at those sports, netball in particular and be asking themselves how they do it and shouldn't we try a different model for our growth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vartel

Visionmix are the equal of any streaming company in the UK, certainly in hockey, including our own excellent ice time.tv ( Who I think have the edge for pre/post content and commentary. But I'm not at all biased....)

The man at the head of that company is a true pro and knows exactly what he's doing. I'm not saying problems can't happen (an inherent issue with streaming) but the production level will be as good as you will want.

To put it into context - if you liked any of the slow-mo clips I use for my videos from this year's Challenge cup final (or 2015, including 'that' shot of Lordo with the trophy - they all came from Visionmix.

Again - the inter web can throw problems at anyone - but ability and professionalism won't be an issue if it is Dave and co from visionmix.
That is great news :) i genuinely didn't know the reputation of the company which is why i was asking.

£30 for three games does seem quite expensive though. i will probably only get the Devils game, then hopefully the final when the Devils make it

Finny

Shame they couldn't do £25 for the whole weekend.

It would have been great for it to be on TV but the playoffs is the league's money spinner and so they need as much income as possible.

Wannabe2

Shame they couldn't do £25 for the whole weekend.

It would have been great for it to be on TV but the playoffs is the league's money spinner and so they need as much income as possible.
But then the moaners would say I only want to watch two games, why should I pay £5 more than I want to.