Storm v DEVILS - Sun 2 Apr 2017 - Championship 1/4F - 2nd Leg - FO 5:30pm - Chat/Updates

Thread starter #1

Yet another key game for the DEVILS are they maintain their challenge for an unique EIHL GRAND SLAM.

If you haven't made the trip up North you will have to rely on the dependable MNL as we will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game , at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com and we are happy to list all, well the prinatble ones anyway.

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527

Foxy

Decided to drive up for this one. Can anyone tell me if there are restaurants or fast food shops around the arena please x

kettdevil1

Decided to drive up for this one. Can anyone tell me if there are restaurants or fast food shops around the arena please x
Frankie and Benny's is round the corner and not bad.... also KFC and a Wetherspoons, it is also pretty close to the centre of Altrincham which has a fair few options

backrow

The Devils power play problems really seemed to turn the momentum in favor of the Storm first with their penalty kills and then with their shorthanded goal. The Devils power plays also reduced the 3rd line's ice time and they have had only positive shifts all game.

I agree with the announcers that a more physical style may have helped to wear down Manchester.

Hopefully, the 3rd period will be much more positive.

backrow

Just realized, I put post in wrong game thread. Better 3rd period but I really would have like a 2 or 3 goal advantage going into Sunday's game.

Wannabe2

Well we got out of jail tonight big time, wether it was pressure we put on ourselfs or just a off night I am not sure. As a armchair coach tonight I would have liked to have seen us go out and play play off hockey, hitting from the get go, Storm are not a big team, and I would have liked to have seen us bully them. We are most certainly capable of winning in Manchester, but we have to raise the physicality I think. Anyway thank you lads for finishing off the home season with a win, every single one of you wonderful players have taken us on a journey that this beautiful club deserves, each and everyone of you have done yourselfs, your team mates, your incredible fans, our untrue ownership, and the club proud. 3 more games guys, just 3. If anyone can do it, then it's you guys. Thank you for everything this season, thank you for giving me unbelievable value for money, thank you for putting this awesome club back where it should be, huge thank you for taking us all down MEMORY LANE, that truly was a blast. Finally knowing that our precious club is in such safe hands, eclipses everything else, and for that 3,100 fans thank you from the bottom of their hearts.
HAPPY HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

ASHIPP

Devils need an early goal in Manchester to create a cushion and force Storm to break from the inpenetratable 'wall' of defensive trap hockey the Storm play so well.

Devils must make their stuttering pp opportunities really count against Storm who can score a lot of goals.

And discipline and controlled physicality is the other key...with Pering and Hogarth in charge up there, the whistle will be blown for the slightest thing.

Earnie

Should the result be a draw at the end of 120 minutes the Elite League site has details of what happens next.
Firstly it is ten minutes of 4 on 4 overtime.

Does anybody know if the webcasts work on a Xbox one? I don't own a smart TV so was going to try and stream it through my Xbox.

fridaysfingers

Does anybody know if the webcasts work on a Xbox one? I don't own a smart TV so was going to try and stream it through my Xbox.
Cant help you with the Xbox question but if it helps i either stream it using my android box, or if that fails i use a hmdi? cable and connect TV to laptop.
No help if you have neither but thought i would give you a reply

Cant help you with the Xbox question but if it helps i either stream it using my android box, or if that fails i use a hmdi? cable and connect TV to laptop.
No help if you have neither but thought i would give you a reply
Thanks, I decided to give it a go and it does work. No idea why it says on the storm website it doesn't.

august04

Great job Devils. I was expecting a tougher game tonight but it seemed pretty comfortable watching the webcast with the win never in doubt.

ASHIPP

Great for the Boys to be heading to the Playoff weekend again. Devils' experience and fitness levels showed tonight.....and that crucial first goal so soon after Storm levelled the game at 3-3 aggregate.

Playoffs are a fitting way to end a truly fantastic season for the Team, the Club and the Red Army.