Devils v blaze!!

Thread starter #1
As it stands we have blaze over 2 legs for the playoffs.

Anyone else think this will be very tricky?
Or are you expecting a easy aggregate score to take us to Nottingham?

Il predict a 9-6 devils win over 2 legs :)

E.D.S.

The Blaze turn it on for the playoff and have done well over recent years. There's so many Pros and Cons to each team. No easy games from hear on in. At this stage I'll take minimal travel. A Scottish Team wouldn't be great and neither would Manchester in a small rink.. Bottom line for me, these playoffs are all about us. If we turn up and play as we should we'll be too much for all of the teams. Its just a case of whether we can do it.

Wannabe2

No one should ever take the Blaze for granted, as they shouldn't for any team, but and I love saying this, we are the team to beat. This Devils team don't need to fear anyone, respect them yes, fear them no. Those of us fortunate enough to watch these lads week in, week out, know exactly how good they can really be, and that's exactly why we have two trophies in the vault already.

Ocko

If I could play any team currently in the top 8 it would be Coventry, without doubt.

I'm not for one second saying they don't have the ability to cause an upset, because any team in this league can, but this year they've stank.

Wannabe2

And yet they have beaten?
Panthers 4 times
Devils 2 times
Giants 2 times
Clan 2 times
And lost three games v Steelers by one goal.
So no games are easy.

I can't see Blaze making it. Their final game is away to Sheffield and I cannot see them winning that. Manchester only need two points as their regulation wins are three better than Coventry. They have Nottingham home and away for their last two games so two points are do-able. Still, any result is possible as we have seen already this season.

Samael

I'm just glad it isnt Nottingham who have definitely been our bogey team this year and like Sheffield, Belfast and Coventry will turn it up a notch for the playoffs. I hope TK will be hanging a 2016/2017 Grand Slam Champions banner up in the IAW rafters
in the off season to match the 1992/1993 beauty.

drainage

And yet they have beaten?
Panthers 4 times
Devils 2 times
Giants 2 times
Clan 2 times
And lost three games v Steelers by one goal.
So no games are easy.
and didn't we have that message hammered home , as good as we have been we lost to them and Stewart is a great goalie no matter how much he gets chirped!

For me Blaze makes watching the second leg possible so I would like the other outcomes mean webcast which I don't do for superstitious reasons !

Devil_Abroad

You should try imagining how the idea of this fixture looks from our perspective, I would imagine we have more worries than you do!
Steelers are hurting and players are bruised - and you've beaten them already. It's going to be a mad last weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

Blaze - a fantastic playoff team in the last 2 years. A quarterfinal draw against them is not an easy one at all. I don't fancy the idea of Stars or Storm either if they finish in 8th. All potential banana skin match-ups.:eek:

Kal

Selfishly I'd like to play Blaze as i don't fancy the long trip up to Dundee Sunday night but if Blaze finally get their season started we may miss out altogether. Didn't they eliminate the Steelers last season? Gutted Storm will probably miss out I like their organisation and was hoping they'd make it this year.

James

Administrator
We've beaten every team this year more than once. I don't really see any banana skin games as long as the team don't take them lightly. Coventry on their day can be very good, likewise Dundee away isnt easy and Storm have had our number a few times. We've proven over the season we've got the best team here so bring em on.

Rob Batch

I still feel annoyed about the incident at the beginning of the season, the Bordygate ! I know Bordy 'went' with Klotz but I didn't feel satisfied somehow ! The stick from the bench and a sucker punch, surely that hasn't been forgotten?

Ocko

Blaze - a fantastic playoff team in the last 2 years. A quarterfinal draw against them is not an easy one at all. I don't fancy the idea of Stars or Storm either if they finish in 8th. All potential banana skin match-ups.:eek:
You can say that about any team though, even Edinburgh gave us a hell of game up there. Out of the teams fighting for playoffs for me Coventry have the worst coach and game plan, Manchester we have found it harder to play against for some reason and Dundee are a better team than the others with the added factor of being horrendous to get to. I'd take Coventry all day. They were a good playoff team when they had a superb coach with proven success. Different players and coach now.

Diafol

That's true. Looking at the league table Blaze and Storm are tied on 43 points with Storm way ahead on wins in regulation.

Blaze are away at Steelers in their final game on Sunday while Storm play Panthers at home.

I think a trip to Altrincham might be on the cards.