Dave Simms

Ocko

He did at the end of the game on the mic didn't he?

I hate their organisation and Simms himself but Sheffield were a class act for once yesterday. Gave us plenty of time to celebrate, gracious in defeat and even produced a highlights package of our celebrations.

Russky

don't hold your breath Terry!!!!! Although I understand that Sheffield were very generous and magnaminous and just let the Devils enjoy their win, and celebrating the title.

Last edited:

kettdevil1

He did at the end of the game on the mic didn't he?

I hate their organisation and Simms himself but Sheffield were a class act for once yesterday. Gave us plenty of time to celebrate, gracious in defeat and even produced a highlights package of our celebrations.
Totally agree. I have been a massive critic of the Steelers organisation and Dave Simms but yesterday they did everything the right way. Good job.

pjj365

He did congratulate the Devils but I didn't hear much of it (we were slightky noisy) so don't know the tone

But given his problems with Deny the last 2 weeks I suggest henceforth to Devils supporters he be called Dennis Simms

Bazza

I thought their TV commentary team were superb. Nothing but positives about the Devils - hats off indeed. Or shoes off if prefer.

I actually think one of those would be much better as their announcer on the night too!!!

Devil_Abroad

They were very gracious both on the night and when I watched the whole game on arrival back home the commentators too.

Amazing evening. Tense all the way up the A1. Hoping Murdy would play a blinder. Amazed to see Bowns in practice and wondering whilst he was taking medication whether he could possibly play after only a week. He did. He played a blinder, through pain. Warrior. He wanted it so much on their ice. "No Brit goalie will ever win it". Personal.

And what a start. Bentie interception and off like a hare down the left, Lord finding Bolt like speed to keep up and vision, oh what vision and deft saucer pass to ...... wait a moment, hang on, no that can't be, IT IS, sniperesque Doucet RICHARDSON!!! YES, YES, YES. Tension released and not a minute on the clock!

The next 59 mins flew by. Total hockey. Did anyone miss fighting? Pah. To be there on the night having been there 2 years ago when we lost it was bliss. To win it in the house of tin foil, against them, in the manner we played, truly awesome.

And the noise from behind me, all night long, the army, red army; we'll carry you boys, just step aboard, enjoy the ride, we're going to create memories tonight together.

Thank you Calgary 4, thank you Tod, thank you Lordo, players, staff and fans. What a journey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terry hunt

Thread starter #30
I am a little surprised at the intense dislike of Simms from i assume are relatively young supporters.
I know us old folk have good reason to despise him with his history against the Devils.
I have never forgotten the Laser incident against Shannon at Sheffield or the many nasty incidents against other teams.

ASHIPP

I am a little surprised at the intense dislike of Simms from i assume are relatively young supporters.
I know us old folk have good reason to despise him with his history against the Devils.
I have never forgotten the Laser incident against Shannon at Sheffield or the many nasty incidents against other teams.
Many of his gaffs have been in recent history - the massive on-ice insult to the Panthers, the ridiculous 'Gone by Christmas' predications for players he knows nothing about (and for us he insulted Deeds and David Brine), the sarcastic digs when another Club does something better than his, the continuous sexist and racist insinuations on his personal Twitter account.

The guy just doesn't know how to behave or speak appropriately in the public domain, regardless of his personal views. ThankGod his Twitter activity has been curbed.

E.D.S.

"The laser with Shannon".... this one has slipped the memory banks. Can you remind me what happened please Terry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terry hunt

Thread starter #33
"The laser with Shannon".... this one has slipped the memory banks. Can you remind me what happened please Terry?

In the Superleague era(dont ask me the exact game with my fading brain cells) we had a game at Sheffield.
There had been an incident in a previous game(isnt there always with the Steelers) when they felt that Shannon should have been punished.
I am sure there are many on here who recall Simms and his stupid intros with their players nicknames.
When Shannon came on the ice the arena was dark except for a laser aimed at Shannon as he skated around the ice.Very stupid and dangerous but the crowd loved it and booed and shouted at him every time he touchecd the puck.
As you would expect he completely ignored it.

E.D.S.

In the Superleague era(dont ask me the exact game with my fading brain cells) we had a game at Sheffield.
There had been an incident in a previous game(isnt there always with the Steelers) when they felt that Shannon should have been punished.
I am sure there are many on here who recall Simms and his stupid intros with their players nicknames.
When Shannon came on the ice the arena was dark except for a laser aimed at Shannon as he skated around the ice.Very stupid and dangerous but the crowd loved it and booed and shouted at him every time he touchecd the puck.
As you would expect he completely ignored it.
Thank you Terry