Steelers v Devils - Sat 18 Mar 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

Bloody hell! To think where we were 3 years ago and to now be crowned elite league champions is an incredible achievement, well done to the team, Lord, Todd, Kris, Katrina and the owners (and everyone else involved), now let's have that conference title tomorrow too

terry hunt

Well Devils, you're 40 minutes away from greatness. I hope you win, you guys deserve it, if only for all the adversity that you've been through. From trouble with venues right through to putting up with that numpty owner Paul Ragan. I bet in those dark days you never dreamed it would happen. Enjoy the next 2 periods and enjoy the celebrations. From a very jealous Panthers fan. I only wish our management were as truly ambitious as yours.
Dont underestimate your achievement this year and CHL next year

KaneDevils

Fantastic, and very pleased for all of you who have waited all this time and been through so much.
I haven't shared much of it with you, but what I have has been a blast. For 8 years now I have been a devil
and I will be, hopefully, for many more to come.

A bit sweeter too as this was the first season I was able to take my boy to watch my beloved team, our beloved team.
Only this morning we were playing with his puck, so kindly given to him on his first ever game.

I'm waffling.

CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS, CHAMPIONS !!!!!!!!!!!

Earnie

Such relief!
So proud and thankful to the team,management and owners.
I do not wish for the hockey press or anyone else to refer to Andrew Lord as a rookie coach ever again. He is a top coach - and he is ours.

Wannabe2

You know what, Reading all your posts about how chuffed you all are, is nearly as good as winning the league. Well played Devils fans you are as HOT AS HELL. Love being a part of this family.

terry hunt

Many thanks to Steve King and all the Calgary team we owe you so much.
I am sure we all hope you are as chuffed as we are(especially to do it in the Steelers barn)

Mooney#16

Knowing the personal stories of a few of the people involved with the club I couldn't be prouder of these guys tonight. The work they've put in, the hardships they've endured and criticism they've risen above and the determination to achieve their goals has been fantastic. This is all so richly deserved for these guys.

This club and ice hockey in general in this city was thrown under a bus by Cardiff City Council when it saw profits to be had elsewhere and despite some catastrophic mismanagement by previous owners they did keep the club alive. A huge thank you to the determined folks of SORAC who continued to fight for ice in this city and due to their hard work in delivering a solution in IAW.

The new rink for all its flaws brought the ownership to the table. The ownership has done nothing short of outstanding things with this club and Todd Kelman I commend you on your managing influence in making Cardiff Devils once again the bench mark franchise in UK hockey.

Lordo. Simply put. Well done on achieving everything that has been asked of you. You are a credit to the Devils and the city of Cardiff as a sporting ambassador. You're a class act and now through your hard work and perseverance will receive richly deserved the plaudits.

Thanks to the club, owners and players for not just this season but putting hockey in this town firmly back at the top where it deserves to be. An inspirational team showing the true value of team work and determination.

Wannabe2

Thank you Mooney, those words mean the world to everyone who loves this club, just like yourself. From a Sorac point of view we guys were never ever going to be beat, when you truly believe you are on the side of what is right, then your half way there. This beautiful club was never going to go down without a fight,and the Council knew this big time, they weren't too bothered to be honest whether we stayed or we buggered off, probably the later would have suited them better at the time. But us Hockey folk are a different breed and we don't know the meaning of defeat, Sorac was truly blessed to have had a group of people who had their heart and soul in this 10 yr fight, and that was such a lovely feeling to be part of, and god was it worth all the heartaches, frustrations, and time spent to keep this wonderful club alive. Then we turn the page to chapter two, and our wonderful Calgary connection comes along, and well the rest is HISTORY.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS.

mazza03

Well there isn't anything to add to all that has been said already but I'm going to any how. Thank you to our wonderful owners, we are so grateful to you for saving our club and having faith, Thank you Tod, Lordo, Kris, Deese and ALL of the team that play like lions, putting their bodies in line to stop the puck, you are the best team ever. (sorry if I missed anyone) PLEASE come back next season. Catrina, you haven't been in the job long but by God you've made it your own, well done.

CHAMPIONS...CHAMPIONS...CHAMPIONS.

Ocko

Unbelievable. And despite the nerves and worrying if we'll do it, history will show it wasn't actually that close this year.

We've dominated the league standings for months and beaten our nearest rivals in their own barn so many times. The teams absolutely deserve this and should go down as one of the EIHL's best ever teams.

So pleased for Lordo though. He wasn't here for all of those painful 20 years but no one deserves it more than him. He's an absolute class act. From the doldrums of grinding it out under Ragan, the near miss agony 2 years in a row, he's gone about his business as a complete professional whilst wearing his heart on his sleeve on the ice and would do anything for this club. Superb ambassador, coach, player and person.

Credit to Jamie Elson and the rest of the off ice and backroom staff too. They're all Devils fans at heart and made a huge contribution to the team. The players will quite rightly gets the plaudits but people like Elson have undoubtedly put in massive hours to make this possible.