Update on Bowns?

Was it his ankle or knee ? The hit looked nasty and full of intent to injure. A perfect demonstration that even with all that padding netminders need balls of steel.
With hindsight we shouldn't have let that game go in the manner it did. For all Sheffields many many many faults, they do certainly use any tactic to win a game.

Koop11

You could argue Sheffield have more to lose if Moose was put out for the season. At least we have silverware and are in contention for the league an conference. Imagine if the playoff eggs in Sheffield’s little basket for to spill.

voth26

We need the team that played in Belfast recently, you know the one that had a massive chip on it's shoulder, fire in their bellies, and a very nasty streak in them. That's the team we need for the next 4 games and the playoffs

Ocko

Interestingly in this week's interview with Lord he says how unhappy he was with our lack of response to Bowns getting hurt, even mentioned how upset his junior coaches would be knowing a side coached by him allowed that to happen.

If that's his opinion for an interview I'd imagine behind closed doors he was fuming. I personally think there might be a few scores to settle come Saturday.

wildthing74

I'm glad he said that no need to pussy foot around I am convinced the plan was to target Ben and Murdy.Obviously you can't blatantly run a goalie but they played it cute to look as if any contact was accidental.
Watching was so frustrating as it was so obvious yet even when the game was clearly lost still nothing.
The best way for revenge is obviously to win but if I was one of our goalies I would be wondering how both were having guys in the crease and contact with them for 2/3 of the game?
Let's not go looking to settle scores that's done but if they start the same crap we have to see a reaction.
Based on the lack of reaction last week I would expect to see Doucet back in and Bordy sitting.
We still have Louis and Batch who I would hope would step up.

Sarich goes to the front of the net for a deflection/screen/pick up any rebounds. Hotham just comes off worse when he tries to take the body. It wasn't a calculated attack, just a battle in front of the net.. it happens all the time, that's hockey.
Couldn't disagree more. Did you look at the replay ? The one in slow motion from behind the net ? At no time was Sarich looking for a pass or deflection

BostonBart22

Interestingly in this week's interview with Lord he says how unhappy he was with our lack of response to Bowns getting hurt, even mentioned how upset his junior coaches would be knowing a side coached by him allowed that to happen.

If that's his opinion for an interview I'd imagine behind closed doors he was fuming. I personally think there might be a few scores to settle come Saturday.
depends if its not homer pering again, if it is and any trouble starts he will be handing out match penalties to us ,, guaranteed,,can we afford bans for the last 3 home games...no..defo not, theres always the playoffs to settle scores if we both meet, we want the league, playoffs would be a bonus ..

backrow

It also looked like Culli was trying to point out a Steeler player in the crease after a Power Play goal but Mr. Pering was oblivious. Like I posted earlier, it was quite the turn around for Mr. Pering who didn't make one call in the Challenge Cup game according to others!