Storm v Devils - 03/02 @ 19:30 - League - Chat/Updates

Russky

Two points bagged. Job done. Now to focus on and prepare for the NEXT game and not look or think beyond that.

Last edited:

Rob Batch

I don't wanna say I told...........What a fantastic , and extremely important, win !! Concerned about Lordo at the end of 2nd, should have let Bordy deal with it !

ASHIPP

Awesome result from the Boys.A really, really important 2 points from one of the most difficult arenas in the League.Totally the right approach.....one game at a time.Well done, Devils.

Russky

I don't wanna say I told...........What a fantastic , and extremely important, win !! Concerned about Lordo at the end of 2nd, should have let Bordy deal with it !
Totally agree. I think Lordo was trying to stay focussed on executing the game plan. Its what Bordy is there for, As it was Nielson was given a miscon anyway so the ref, in a strange way, dealt with it without Bordy having to get involved.

Diafol

That'll do !
A well-earned two points - now hopefully everyone will be refreshed and ready for Sunday after a break tomorrow.

Finny

My word that was stressful to watch.

Missed the first 10 mins due to webcast issues but what I did see of the first period the Devils dominated and were unlucky to be trailing at the break.

Cardiff continued to have the better of chances and possession in 2nd but Storm battled hard and had several good chances on the break. Bowns had to make a couple of huge saves. Cardiff pressure eventually told though with Lord getting floored, then jumping straight back up to tip in. Definitely not a high stick, looked a good foot below the bar.

Minutes later and a bit of Asselin magic made it 2-1.

Storm looked to tire in the 3rd and when Devils made it 3-1 on a quick counter-attack (hint of offside) that looked job done. Only for two quick penalties to give Storm a 5-on-3 PP, scoring just as the first penalty expired.
Storm threw everything at the Cardiff net in the final minutes and we got lucky a couple of times, but when Storm pulled netminder with 90 secs to go it was the Devils who scored the ENG for a hard battled but deserved 4-2 win.