Giants v Devils - Fri/Sat 17/18 Feb 2017 - League - FO 7pm

Have Hope#35

Really enjoyed those victories. My thoughts:
* joey martin, assilin and A hotham were our best players and streets above anyone else on either team.
*the refereeing was awful.
*sad to see batch getting so little play time
*good to see lord take it to martinelli who has cheap shotted our players almost every game vs them
*nickerson very quiet again, id not be happy as a giants fan to see someone so clearly playing within themselves.
*assalin made some serious plays this weekend but the pass from martin for the first goal last night was unreal!
*id be very disappointed if bordy doesnt watch that footage back of the melee at the end and make vandemer answer for that. He suckered fournier from behind, dragged him down and punched him on the floor! All this after having a go at bownsy
Agree with everything... although I would have to add Haddad to your first point, he was unreal also!

Kal

Gamesheet has changed again! over 200 mins of penalties on the devils now. I think Myers and Jones have been upgraded from misconducts to games

pjj365

Great idea for the future

Refs to run the game as usual but then review the video before completing the game sheet 24 hours later

That way fans can input to all that they missed. This gives a 360 degree view of the game and the bigger the support the greater the numbef of experts available to help the refs. Opinions would have to be weighted according to attendance and social media numbers but I'm sure this can be accomdated

In the meatime can we assume DOPS will delay any announcements until the game sheet is confirmed as the final version

august04

Great idea for the future

Refs to run the game as usual but then review the video before completing the game sheet 24 hours later

That way fans can input to all that they missed. This gives a 360 degree view of the game and the bigger the support the greater the numbef of experts available to help the refs. Opinions would have to be weighted according to attendance and social media numbers but I'm sure this can be accomdated

In the meatime can we assume DOPS will delay any announcements until the game sheet is confirmed as the final version
Or provide officials that are up to the job in the first place! Hogarth is hopelessly out of his depth at this level and he's not alone amongst the current crop. I can't believe they allocated these 2 games to him in the first place. A much stronger referee was needed with so much at stake.

Have Hope#35

Myers & CJ penalties not an upgrade since TWO 10 minute miscionduct penalties triggers an automatic Game Misconduct
A number of other Game Penalties have been added though... It's farcical to be honest! I assume with the Match Penalties to each Bench Coach the whole incident gets reviewed automatically. I'll await the findings with nervousness based on the utter incompetence of DOPS. A.Hotham gets 5+Game for Fighting, can someone show me where his Fight was after the buzzer... all I see is him push someone and then get punched in the side of the head by Rutherford?

pjj365

Myers & CJ penalties not an upgrade since TWO 10 minute miscionduct penalties triggers an automatic Game Misconduct
Think the issue is that they have each had 10mins added

TBH I've lost track with changes up to midnight on Sat and now this 24 hours or so later

This retrospective approach is surely not on. I would hope both magement teams complain to the leauge

JT666

Looking back at the footage, doesn't Rutherford spear Hotham at 10m31s? What penalty does that carry?

PS. Brilliant results on the weekend. When Morrisette retires, Haddad would easily be the strongest candidate for captain in my eyes.

DevilDom

Fantastic weekend with 2 brilliant results.

The melee at the end was a lot of handbags caused by a referee way out of his depth. Should never have been chosen to ref these games. The 2nd game was almost spoilt by Hogarth and can understand the frustration both sets of players had with him. He becomes flustered way to easily and seems to lose his temper which is never good for a referee in any sport.

I don't honestly see the Devils players doing much wrong other than defend themselves against some frustrated Giants players. Vandermeer continuing to sucker-punch Fournier when down on the ice looks the worst of it and there definitely seemed to be some plan to target Bowns from a few Giants. With Devils players obviously looking to get in between the Giants going after him. All a lot of nonsense to be honest. The worst incident of the night is definitely Walser's blindside hit on Benti. I would suspect we ask that to be reviewed given the injury caused.

Rob Batch

Belfast instigated the problems at the end of that game due to frustration. Dops need to understand that fact !! If that scenario affects our league ambitions then we have a major problem.

BostonBart22

Fantastic weekend with 2 brilliant results.

The melee at the end was a lot of handbags caused by a referee way out of his depth. Should never have been chosen to ref these games. The 2nd game was almost spoilt by Hogarth and can understand the frustration both sets of players had with him. He becomes flustered way to easily and seems to lose his temper which is never good for a referee in any sport.

I don't honestly see the Devils players doing much wrong other than defend themselves against some frustrated Giants players. Vandermeer continuing to sucker-punch Fournier when down on the ice looks the worst of it and there definitely seemed to be some plan to target Bowns from a few Giants. With Devils players obviously looking to get in between the Giants going after him. All a lot of nonsense to be honest. The worst incident of the night is definitely Walser's blindside hit on Benti. I would suspect we ask that to be reviewed given the injury caused.
tbh thought dops would have made a statement by now with the devils playing tomorrow or is hogarth still looking at footage to add a bit more. i.e. rutherford punching hotham in the face and spearing hotham by rutherford with the lino next to him.

Wannabe2

Belfast players and coach lost the plot on Saturday, Fridays result was doing their heads in, as they realised they are the second best team in the league, and not the best, which obviously we are.They knew they had to pull a rabbit out of the hat on Saturday, but someone had forgotten the hat (poper was probably wearing it). Frustration then kicked in to Giants players, wishing they were playing for the best club in the league. Envy can be a terrible thing and can make people do extremely strange things, like punching people in the back of the head, and punching people who are looking the other way. I thought for about a millisecond sorry for the antagonists, but then realised at the end of the day thugs are thugs, especially when they can't have their own way. So we move on towards our goal, leaving the scene of the crime, to greener grass over the water in Gods Country. Thanks Belfast for reiterating what we taffies already know, and that is that we are number 1.
HAPPY HOCKEY DAYS

Devil_Abroad

Looking back at the footage, doesn't Rutherford spear Hotham at 10m31s? What penalty does that carry?

PS. Brilliant results on the weekend. When Morrisette retires, Haddad would easily be the strongest candidate for captain in my eyes.
I missed that one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rob Batch

This year our style of play is several notches above last year, which took us a while to get used to I think. We worried about Andrew & Gleason getting forward too much, who's defending? Turned out they knew what they were doing, Lordo seems to as well ! All our worries have been laid to rest !! This final part of the season is going to be unforgetable, Cum On U Devils !!

Devil_Abroad

Hi OJ - doesn't the game sheet have to be signed at the end by both coaches? And if so, all the subsequent changes over the next day I'm assuming would have been there already?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think DOPS are weeing themselves over what to do about this end of game fracas. Seriously...they need to look at the bigger picture. Nothing really happened...bit of fun after two hard fought games. Nothing to see really. Just Hockey!

Loved two goalies having a cuddle. Doesn't happen often!

Just my humble opinion but forget it......bit of a scrum after a really important game. I bet the only people thinking about it are the EIHL. I reckon the players forgot about it before they even had a shower.

august04

I don't think DOPS has anything to review for the post game stuff. Perhaps a warning to both bench coaches, but that's it really. There are no automatic post game incident reviews as a result of penalties listed so far. I assume they'll be reviewing Jones's penalty for the hit on Mason (although I can't remember what it was for now) and I hope we request a review of the Walser hit on Bentivoglio. That's about it for me.

Great weekend away in Belfast. First away trip for me with the Devils and thought it was great. On a slightly more disappointing note, I was shocked to hear a rowdy group of lads sat near the middle of the block shouting things such as: Martinelli is 'homeless', 'decent totty' in the arena, and 'i'd go through her like a train'. From what I saw, they may well have had a point but there's a time and place for it
It's a family sport guys!