Giants v Devils - 08/02 @ 19:00 - CC SF 2nd Leg - Chat/Updates

Yessss!!! Well done boyos! Absolutely ecstatic, what a result. Made my evening in work a hell of lot better!
Perfect way to respond to walsers disrespect.
Ymdrech gwych gan pob un, dere mlaen devils!!!

James

Administrator
With our captain sidelined with injury, our top d man excluded on a mysterious ban, our enforcer sent to the shower early in a hostile rink against the second best team in the league, there was clearly only going to be one outcome. Truly fantastic result and as Devil May Care says, an important victory not just to get us to the cup final but to show going down the stretch we can totally own Belfast if we want. They'll be looking for revenge next time we meet but we'll know we're the better team.

Russky

That HAS to be our best performance of the season. Great goal for Louis. Pity about Bordy getting ejected but I fear perhaps he will be classified as a 'repeat offender' from the previous Clan incident, the DOPES sorry DOPs will give him a lengthy ban. Bowns was outstanding again. Hope Richie isn't too badly hurt. Tonights result could be a huge confidence boost ahead of our double header the weekend after next in Belfast. We have to go into those games with the mentality and self belief we had tonight. Perhaps hopefully this could be the start of Belfasts blip/dip in form.

Last edited:

Wannabe2

With our captain sidelined with injury, our top d man excluded on a mysterious ban, our enforcer sent to the shower early in a hostile rink against the second best team in the league, there was clearly only going to be one outcome. Truly fantastic result and as Devil May Care says, an important victory not just to get us to the cup final but to show going down the stretch we can totally own Belfast if we want. They'll be looking for revenge next time we meet but we'll know we're the better team.
Hopefully we won't be three imports down next time, and we will shove their revenge where the sun don't shine.

august04

I think this win and performance also highlights that we don't need Andrew Hotham to ice such an insane amount of minutes every game, as he has of late. I'm sure that will help keep him fresh and improve the performance of the team too. Look at the way Louis stepped up tonight, all our D guys were immense.

jenks33

I think this win and performance also highlights that we don't need Andrew Hotham to ice such an insane amount of minutes every game, as he has of late. I'm sure that will help keep him fresh and improve the performance of the team too. Look at the way Louis stepped up tonight, all our D guys were immense.
Agree with this. Louis obviously had a stormer but I thought Scott Hotham also had one of his best games. It's as if he enjoyed the added responsibility

For me that five minute penalty kill won us the game. Bordy had put us on level terms before getting thrown out (unjustly) and for that five minutes we appeared to say if that's the best you have no problem. If Louis had not have scored he still would have been my man of the match,he was outstanding. I've only been watching the Devils for eight years but for me tonight was the best I've seen us play. A big congratulations to the coaching team too,some on here are quick to criticise them, I hope these people are quick enough to acknowledge that tonight they had set us up superbly. Well done Devils..........

osh

Chuffed to bits that Chris Jones scored - well done boyo! .... Perhaps he was reading those posts on here the other day about him and Piggott not being good enough! .... Somebody has had a mare!
That will be me, and I've hardly had a mare as you put it. I'm delighted he scored - as I've already mentioned - he scores a goal and you think that changes my opinion, absolutely not. No further comment as I don't want to detract from the great win !

kingmo19.1

That will be me, and I've hardly had a mare as you put it. I'm delighted he scored - as I've already mentioned - he scores a goal and you think that changes my opinion, absolutely not. No further comment as I don't want to detract from the great win
Come on, come on, 'absolutely not' is a pretty definite quote! It must have changed your opinion a tiny little dinky bit for sure! ... Maybe not a great deal, but surely 1% ? Biggest pressure game of the season so far and Jonesy bags a goal - couldn't have been better timed :)

osh

Come on, come on, 'absolutely not' is a pretty definite quote! It must have changed your opinion a tiny little dinky bit for sure! ... Maybe not a great deal, but surely 1% ? Biggest pressure game of the season so far and Jonesy bags a goal - couldn't have been better timed :)
Doesn't change my opinion in the slightest, still very pleased for him though.

Milky

I'm with osh on this. As the old saying goes "even a blind squirrel can find a nut"!!!

But anyway, what a great night!!!!:):):):)

Last edited:

Milky

Oh and cue the 'it's terrible that I can't get a ticket for the final just because I'm not a season ticket holder' threads:rolleyes: