Steelers lose again

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Steelers lost again tonight 4-5 so took zero points over the weekend. I am glad about that as that puts them In a poor position now, yes the Giants are just behind us but we will deal with them when we have to. It's getting pretty interesting now guys.

kettdevil1

I love the look of the run in.... the number of times we play Belfast and Sheffield is insane and means that whoever wins has to do it the hard way!

Russky

I think we play Belfast 4 times: Away twice back to back games in February ; Home, back to back, the last weekend of the regular Season and Sheffield twice at Sheffield in March

kettdevil1

I think we play Belfast 4 times: Away twice back to back games in February ; Home, back to back, the last weekend of the regular Season and Sheffield twice at Sheffield in March
And of course the Cup semi final is against the Giants which could create some useful momentum for one team or the other....

Diafol

We have two double headers coming up against the Giants, one in a fortnight, one on the final weekend.
I think those games will decide it in the end.

Mind you, we have to make sure we win our game in hand away at Panthers on Feb 21st as well...

It's not going to be easy !

ASHIPP

Steelers losing does not put them in a poor position, a set back but not the end - we have dropped points too recently in games we could and should have won. The only team in a consistently strong position at the mo is the Giants who are on an amazing winning streak, trampling on everything in sight.

We have to play Giants, Steelers, Panthers for quite a few games before the end of the season - those points are crucial between the top three teams battling. Devils' road record has been great this season - that is a massive plus given that many of the big remaining challenges are away games. Go kill 'em., Devils!

bb1

Will be interesting to see who they bring in. They will do anything to make something of their season which is fair enough.

I can really see someone who will provide them with a big impact coming. Watch this space I guess

bb1

They haven't yet but Thommo reckons by end of the week. Interestingly Blair Jones has left his DEL club to unknown.....now what a pick up he would be at the back end of the season! Former Canucks, Flames, Lightening and Flyers player.

Could be good for the remainding few weeks left of this season.

KaneDevils

I know in sport, anything is possible, but for me, Steelers are out of the running. They simply can't afford to drop many more points.
2 horse race now, dare I say?