Blaze v Devils - 21/01 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Well Ulmer certainly enjoys playing in Coventry, half his goals have been scored up there haven't they?

Good result in what seemed like ludicrous game, I don't know why we've suddenly been lumbered with that clown (Hogarth) for the most important part of the season when we haven't seen him all year, he certainly needs an anatomy lesson of where the head and shoulders are on the human body

Attachments

Been telling everyone for the past 2 seasons just how poor Hogarth is, and now people are seeing just how random his officiating is......think yourself lucky, he has officiated 6 Giants game since mid December...... lol

Slartibartfast

Joey Martins alleged check to the head here at 5.45. I would like to see it in slow motion but although his elbow flails a bit it doesn't look like it made contact. I have seen many deliberate checks to the head over they years and this was not one of them.
The batch penalty was probably the dumbest though. They guy skated into him, felll over and Batch gets a penalty. Shocking reffing.
3 of Coventrys goals were powerplay goals (2 were 5 on 3). Hogarth did everything to give Blaze the game. Saying that he called some terrible goals on them also
Devils were awesome though. Beautiful hockey

At the start of the webcast, one the commentators referred to Hogarth as a "promising referee" - I think he was quick to change his mind on that one by the end of the game, some of the penalties he called were nonsensical. To call a diving penalty on Hotham after Venus (I think) tripped him up, but then nothing on Pietrus (again, I think, could be wrong) who made a meal of going over Haddad's stick was ridiculous.

And how Joey Martin got kicked out of the game for what, to me, looked like a fairly innocuous cross-check is beyond me.

Still, that no-look pass from Myers to Ulmer was pure filth. More of the same tonight, please.

ASHIPP

A great result last night with loads of positives. A good road win against difficult officiating allowing chances for the opposition to get back into the game. At 2-2 and 5-4 the Devils kept their composure. A fantastic confidence boost for the Guys to get a regulation win working so hard.

So they are not clinical all the time. This is not the Big Red Machine of 2010-11 steam rolling everything in sight. There is a Big Teal Machine destroying all opposition this year.

If our guys can believe in the mantra 'one game at a time', stop over complicating their plays and work hard, they will be ok. Statistically they have to win every game at the mo to stay ahead of the competition. It really doesn't matter how they do it.

Vartel

Joey Martins alleged check to the head here at 5.45. I would like to see it in slow motion but although his elbow flails a bit it doesn't look like it made contact. I have seen many deliberate checks to the head over they years and this was not one of them.
The batch penalty was probably the dumbest though. They guy skated into him, felll over and Batch gets a penalty. Shocking reffing.
3 of Coventrys goals were powerplay goals (2 were 5 on 3). Hogarth did everything to give Blaze the game. Saying that he called some terrible goals on them also
Devils were awesome though. Beautiful hockey
You can use the youtube settings to make it run at .25, .5 or .75 speed. Once you do that, it looks like shoulder to shoulder hit, where the Blaze falls over, but Martin stays upright. The elbow flail is after conduct to keep his balance and doesn't appear to make any contact.

I made a little GIF of the incident http://gph.is/2kgLqqm but that is at full speed