Blaze v Devils - 21/01 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

This will be a keenly fought game against the Blaze, both teams are going to be desperate for the 2 points (i'd like to think anyway!) so hopefully it's us who come out on top!

We'll hopefully be running MNL for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl - We are on the lookout for some more people to help us! If you can, please give Nott Simpson (OJ) a shout on 07527 625 206!

Or if you want something more exciting than text on a screen, it looks like the Blaze do have a webcast up and running; details can be found here: http://www.cleancutsports.com/index.php/live-webcasts

Tyke Devil

This is a huge weekend IMHO. This could well define where we are this year. We had the big points gap.....that has gone. Time for the team to step up!

pjj365

2 point are a must Devils, the time has come to prove you deserve to wear our logo and that you play for our badge and not the name on the back of your shirt.
I rarely criticise the team on a skills or commitment level nor the players

But this is so to the point. I see litle joy recently - celebrating goals with the fans and, however naff, the kissing of the badge. Not even any real celebration within the team.

Where has the spirit gone?

Electro

I rarely criticise the team on a skills or commitment level nor the players

But this is so to the point. I see litle joy recently - celebrating goals with the fans and, however naff, the kissing of the badge. Not even any real celebration within the team.

Where has the spirit gone?
Agreed.

Although I'm sure someone will read fan comments and we will see change , it shouldn't need to be pointed out in the the first place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

This is a huge weekend IMHO. This could well define where we are this year. We had the big points gap.....that has gone. Time for the team to step up!
Every game is a must-win now. It has been this way since before Christmas when we saw the points gap closing.

Steelers could put enough goals passed Stewart to snatch a vital O/T winner last weekend. The Devils couldn't do that when Blaze played here the weekend before. Every performance has to stay ahead of the other 3 chasing teams - can't rely on other results.

SteveKing

I definitely agree that this is a very big and a very telling weekend for the team. Four points would go a long way towards our title hopes. Losses won't doom us but it would put the feeling and momentum of the team in a very poor place.

I've told Lordo to use the negativity and the doubters to close ranks and bring the team together. I believe!

I definitely agree that this is a very big and a very telling weekend for the team. Four points would go a long way towards our title hopes. Losses won't doom us but it would put the feeling and momentum of the team in a very poor place.

I've told Lordo to use the negativity and the doubters to close ranks and bring the team together. I believe!
Once again the voice of reason speaks...and breathe! Let's go Devils!

Electro

I believe in Devils, I do, I do, I do.

There's more chance of Trump being president than us loosing this weekend.

Crap, can't use that anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DevilDom

Steve, I really hope the negativity isn't being over emphasised with you and the team as I really do think it's more down to nerves with a lot of people and a typical British / Welsh trait. We revel in being underdogs but don't cope well being favourites and leading from the front. Add in the fact we haven't won the "big one" for 20 years and you have the perfect (or imperfect) storm for reasons to doubt.

I believe this team has all the facets required to go on and win it. I hope they will go out and show it to the end of the season and bring home the bacon. This weekend could be key or it could also be another twist amongst many more to the end of the season. Whatever happens I'm going to try and enjoy the ride as much as possible!

Rob Batch

I'm hoping for a determined, gritty performance tonight. Steve and Bordy's comments fill me with real anticipation for this weekend's games. Let battle commence !!

mazza03

The voice of reason and common sense is whispering in Lordo's ear.

KaneDevils

We've seen a big lead evaporate, some average performances, and a few big name players not pulling their weight. Add to this the fact that our rivals are both hitting good form.

Some would argue the negativity is justified.
At this moment in time my head says we won't do it, but my heart won't allow me to surrender just yet!

Let's go devil's!!