Cardiff Devils v Belfast Giants - Sat 14 Jan 2017 - League - FO 7pm

Thank you. Was more worried about the entrance area near the block :)
Yes if you sit near the front, close to the entrance it does spoil your view a bit to the left and the penalty box spoils a bit to the right. I had a seat in the third row back there once and managed to move higher up where there was a spare seat and got a better view.

terry hunt

After the article on the clubsite where many of the old Devils players gave their views that basically they are impressed with this team and the way it is being run.They are convinced the team will bring success i took that to mean that "stop the criticism they know what they are doing".
I am interested to see how Lordo will set it up for this game.

ASHIPP

Giants have some huge, aggressive guys on their roster, some slick finishing forwards and (statistically)the first placed netminder in the league.

Games against the Giants are usually very physical and tetchy. Will be very interesting to see what happens when the Giants start railroading and squeezing out our smaller guys.

Like Steelers, they also have the ability to score goals immediately after the opposition scores. Many of their games have been very tight recently - hopefully our guys can get some quality shots on Murphy and get him moving. Since Devils have resumed screening the goalie much more recently, it's been successful.

Is Lord and import or an EU import ? If he was an import, and the Devils were one over the limit to start and that's why Lord couldn't play , why wouldn't it just be a swap, Bourdy out and Lord in ? Why would you have to sit anyone else out ?

Rob Batch

I'm starting to get that Saturday 'game night' feeling. No Bordy, what's going to happen ! Are they (Giants) going to push their collective physical luck? Oh yeah, we have Mark louis and Josh Batch. We also have 2 Hothams, Myers. Haddad, the Douce and others !! Let them push their luck and we'll see what happens !! Cum on u Devils !!!!!!!

Electro

It'll certainly be an entertaining night, for sure. Can't wait, might even go and speak to Mark tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

osh

There you go, another loss in overtime by giving the puck up too easily behind our own net, Fournier to blame for this one sad to say !

Felt like a general lack of 'oomph' from the Devils tonight, Haddad and a couple of others aside. Concerning that they were outworked for such long periods when it's their only game of the weekend. I appreciate they were one import down, but that's not a great excuse. In a top of the table clash, with a long recovery period until the next game, I'd have wanted to see them play hard and fast all game. Belfast's PK overwhelmed their PP units, and they looked like the team that wanted it more. Took energy shifts from Piggott to get the tempo increased at all. A point is not the end of the world, but I can't imagine Lord will be happy with the performance.

JC23

If we don't make some kind of addition into this team, to give everyone a kick up the arse for the run in, then I feel this isn't our year.

There's only so many times the words "lack of jump" can be excused.

jimmy snels

Thought first period we had lots of "jump". Louis got that going from the off. It was from there it went down hill to be honest. Never mind still got a point

I thought we were in control of things until another doucet penalty gave them the power play chance to grab their first goal tonight. I love douce as a player but I do feel he gives away far too many penalties in the wrong times

JC23

Agreed on the Louis front.

He did what was needed to get the game off right. Just too bad the other guys on the ice couldn't keep that going through periods 2 and 3.