Sheffield

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
So it looks like Sheffield will not be showing webcasts of Devils/Blaze/Panthers games and maybe Storm, but will show Scottish/Irish games. This is to try to get more fans travelling to Sheffield, and if you can't then hard lines you ain't watching your team. This comes after the news of Steelers no longer wanting their away travel to exist,.Myself I would like to see away fans boycotting Steelers games, this insane decision has been taken by the Chairman of the EIHL, who is supposed to work for the benefit of all clubs, and not just his own. I feel no ill will towards Steelers fans, as they are also being screwed. Hope this comes back to bite them in the proverbial.

Devil94

It's a tough one because I would also like to see clubs boycott away games to Sheffield, including us, but on the other hand the team won't have that support on the road that might cost us points.

Utterly ridiculous management decisions happening up there at the moment.

jimmy snels

There must be a way of effecting him though. Meant to be chairman of elite league whilst putting steelers completely and utterlu first. How can the sport grow with decisions like this?! Should stand down immediately.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #5
It's a tough one because I would also like to see clubs boycott away games to Sheffield, including us, but on the other hand the team won't have that support on the road that might cost us points.

Utterly ridiculous management decisions happening up there at the moment.
Yes understand what you are saying and also thought of that, however we as fans may be the extra player on the ice, when we are home, but 1/200 away won't make a whole heap of difference especially when we are only talking about Sheffield. It's a crap topic altogether to be discussing and there shouldn't be any need of it. But it exists and people should have there say, no one really wishes Sheffield ill we all need each other in this league, we are only as strong as the league we all play in. It's a topsy turvy league at the best of times, without idiots trying to make it worse.

James

Administrator
I think I'm right in saying if away fans buy a box at Sheffield the money goes to the arena not the club? Its usually as cheap/cheaper than buying tickets indiviually, you just need a group and organisation

Electro

I'm not so sure it's a stupid decision.

My thought is one of how solvent is the club and has this brought about such a decision. Whilst something needs to be done, if Sheffield are in severe financials boycotting the club is not going to gain any improvements, in fact it may well make a walk away decision easier.

How healthy would the sport in the U.K. be without the Sheffield Steelers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Devil_Abroad

So it looks like Sheffield will not be showing webcasts of Devils/Blaze/Panthers games and maybe Storm, but will show Scottish/Irish games. This is to try to get more fans travelling to Sheffield, and if you can't then hard lines you ain't watching your team. This comes after the news of Steelers no longer wanting their away travel to exist,.Myself I would like to see away fans boycotting Steelers games, this insane decision has been taken by the Chairman of the EIHL, who is supposed to work for the benefit of all clubs, and not just his own. I feel no ill will towards Steelers fans, as they are also being screwed. Hope this comes back to bite them in the proverbial.
I no longer think of visiting due to the car park price hike - though this is out of their hands it seems

Kal

How is the Chairman decided? Is it voted by the board every year or every few years or is it just Tony Smith is Chairman till such a time Tony Smith decides he's not?

Gospel

Tony Smith should not be Chairman of the EIHL given his decisions at Shuff reflect massively on the league as a whole. Trying to ban his own fans travelling has huge impact on other clubs & how is that helping the league?!

Added in to the pot the Panties are running a wecast from europe but not from their own arena!

Seems that some people dont want to lose their gravy train.

Electro

I don't believe he is trying to ban fans from visiting clubs away, he stated, correct me if I'm wrong Devil Abroad, he's preventing away travel sales at the arena on hockey night.

All the fans have to do is sell outside on a public area, web, whatever, I'm sure now there gonna make a mint, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if he had shares and this is simply a way to increase sales. I'm joking of course.

Yes understand what you are saying and also thought of that, however we as fans may be the extra player on the ice, when we are home, but 1/200 away won't make a whole heap of difference especially when we are only talking about Sheffield. It's a crap topic altogether to be discussing and there shouldn't be any need of it. But it exists and people should have there say, no one really wishes Sheffield ill we all need each other in this league, we are only as strong as the league we all play in. It's a topsy turvy league at the best of times, without idiots trying to make it worse.
He shouldnt stand down the other 9 clubs should have the balls to push him