Devils Coach Lord Tells Ice Warrior Bordeleau: Carry On Hitting

Thread starter #1
Taken from the home page of this forum. A change of tactic or the plan all the long?

Devils Coach Lord Tells Ice Warrior Bordeleau: Carry On Hitting

Posted By: Terry Phillipson: December 28, 2016In: Dai Puck, Sports

Cardiff Devils tough guy Patrick Bordeleau heads into the new year aiming to wreak physical havoc on opposing Elite League teams.

Big ‘Bordy’ rocked Coventry Blaze at Ice Arena Wales in midweek with big, clean hits to the body which changed the game.

He smashed two Blaze players into the boards, fired up the atmosphere among around 3,000 home fans and Devils fought back from behind to win by scoring four final period goals.

“Patrick was excellent,” said head coach Andrew Lord, “We saw what he can do. A genuine game changer when he plays physical.”

The 6ft 6ins Bordeleau is being encouraged by Lord to play in that same hard-hitting style, starting against Dundee Stars at the IAW in Cardiff Bay on New Year’s Day (4pm).

The former NHL enforcer is a smart player who has a knack of hitting cleanly with crunching power, while he has been given the go-ahead to fight when the time is right.

Coventry’s Garrett Klutz turned down Bordeleau’s offer to drop the gloves this week, while Sheffield hard man Zak Fitzgerald has avoided several potential confrontations when the Devils man asked him to go.

Russky

Perhaps Lordo has realised that Bordeleau is plan B option when HIS plan A fails. Alternatively he could amend his plan A to send Bordy out in the first few shifts to wreak havoc in the first and inflict maximum damage on the opposition before they 'get into the game'

Last edited:

fridaysfingers

I said after i think the last Sheffield game that Bentivoglio missed, that Lord kind of fell in lucky because he went with Ulmer center-ing himself and Bordy and they went out in the first period and gave the Steelers hell, with Bordy able to be icing the same time as Fitzy.
I expected to see that against Panthers next game but Benti was back i believe and we went back to the usual lines. I just thought that Lord and Bordy going all out against Panthers would have been ideal.
I do agree though that Plan B has been born!!!!!

voth26

With limited ice time, hopefully Lordo increases Bordys ice time. Bring him out early doors that bound to unsettle teams and if the opposite tough guy is out it will give them something to think about especially now Bordy has the green light to fight!!. Long over due in my opinion but possibly a good reason behind it?

With limited ice time, hopefully Lordo increases Bordys ice time. Bring him out early doors that bound to unsettle teams and if the opposite tough guy is out it will give them something to think about especially now Bordy has the green light to fight!!. Long over due in my opinion but possibly a good reason behind it?
Lets hope Lord sticks to this because imo he jusn't hasn't used Bordy enough. We want to see Devils Hockey and that is what he brings

voth26

Lets hope Lord sticks to this because imo he jusn't hasn't used Bordy enough. We want to see Devils Hockey and that is what he brings
He would be stupid not to especially as it's in print that he has effectively given Bordy free reign to do what he likes with in reason, I wouldn't want to suddenly see Bordy fighting for no real reason, but definitely loads of his bone crunching hits. Looking at the Blaze highlights Jorgeson I think it was, he definitely felt that massive hit, to be fair that was a destructive hit lol

Russky

Bordy has a hockey brain, he wont drop the gloves indiscriminantly without it having a potential to help the Devils. He also has an ability to hit that is as good as Kirk De Wael and Trevor Hendrikx combined, if not better.

ASHIPP

Bordy has a hockey brain, is very experienced, has proved he can change games. To not use that option as much as possible would be naivety. That is all.

voth26

Let's hope it continues with the stars game tomorrow. Leave the lines alone and get some big hitting, hard forechecking going and take the chances as and when they come. Need 100% teamwork and commitmment from every player.