Positives from last nigh

Martynwo

Thread starter #1
Squealers lost last night
That was our bad game gotten out of the way
Collectively we can never play as bad as that again this season
Words will have been said post game
Players will have owned up and will be mentally ready for tonight
Our bouncbackability has proven before 4-5 loss to the squealers then 2 -5 win in HOT following night
That was an excellent Panthers performance, where has that team been?
Lordo benched himself for the 3rd to see what was going on
Squealers will be expecting a backlash tonight, wounded animal mindset
We have a Cardiff based Ref tonight.....ah, maybe an issue

terry hunt

I admire your positive attitude but no positives for me.
The Panthers exposed our weaknesses same as early season.The Steelers also exposed us in the last home game they were streets ahead of us but lost the plot and let us back in the game.We cant continue playing badly for the first 2 periods then clawing it back in the 3rd.
Most honest people have seen the cracks for a long time but are shouted down by "we are top of the table so all is OK"

Russky

As has already been said the only positive to come out of last night was that Sheffield lost too, which thankfully cancels out our result and they didn't gain anything. That's all.

Samael

I wonder how many hours the team puts in a week in training and practice and then how many hours are spent doing things like pr visits, uni study and just generally mincing about down the bay? The hype machine on the official website has been spitting out lots of stats lately, thats an interesting stat I'd like to see though.

I said previously in the reasons why we are top of the league thread its because of the money that was spent/invested, now l'm beginning to think it's just because we've played more than the our main conference rivals. Tonight's game will truly show the fanbase what this team is made of. I think certain personell are not proving their worth right now, l just wish the Calgary 4 were in town to say some words to the players AND coaches because whatever has been said over the past few weeks hasnt worked. I still also feel if we do manage to beat Sheffield tonight all the complacency, arrogance and uncaring slack attitude will seep back in. PLEASE prove me wrong Cardiff Devils and show us and the rest of the eihl what this club is about.

voth26

I wonder how many hours the team puts in a week in training and practice and then how many hours are spent doing things like pr visits, uni study and just generally mincing about down the bay? The hype machine on the official website has been spitting out lots of stats lately, thats an interesting stat I'd like to see though.

I said previously in the reasons why we are top of the league thread its because of the money that was spent/invested, now l'm beginning to think it's just because we've played more than the our main conference rivals. Tonight's game will truly show the fanbase what this team is made of. I think certain personell are not proving their worth right now, l just wish the Calgary 4 were in town to say some words to the players AND coaches because whatever has been said over the past few weeks hasnt worked. I still also feel if we do manage to beat Sheffield tonight all the complacency, arrogance and uncaring slack attitude will seep back in. PLEASE prove me wrong Cardiff Devils and show us and the rest of the eihl what this club is about.
I kind of agree with your post, with regards to playing more games, let's be fair the guys still had to win those games. Last night was a nightmare performance wise for sure but we've only lost 5 league games in total so whilst the performance may not always be great we are still winning and personally speaking if playing ugly to a degree gets us the wins to win the league then bring it on

Electro

Hotham has nothing to fear from McGrattan. Big Ern didn't even notice him stood next to him near the crease when he scored the first.

I bet Hotham is well happy about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Samael

I kind of agree with your post, with regards to playing more games, let's be fair the guys still had to win those games. Last night was a nightmare performance wise for sure but we've only lost 5 league games in total so whilst the performance may not always be great we are still winning and personally speaking if playing ugly to a degree gets us the wins to win the league then bring it on
Thats why I said conference. What scares me is we have played "ugly" games and won against cross conference rivals who given their rosters and ours should have been steam-rolled. I'd like to see our name changed to CONSISTENCY Devils this year. Big ask I know, but so is a grand slam lol