Devils v Blaze - 08/10 @ 19:00 - League - Chat/Updates

wildthing74

Down to around 200 tickets left so I can see being sold out well before game time.Nice position to be in that we may sell out before walk ups.I did worry seeing some of the pre season games but clearly now the real stuff is happening the crowds are looking great.
Fingers crossed for a good game and especially result so we can pack out the place for the first visit of the orange mob next week.

Wannabe2

If the product is right the the people will come, and believe me the product is spot on. The best way to repay our awesome ownership, and Managment is to turn up in our droves. People of Cardiff and surrounding areas, a Devils game is where to be it's the hottest ticket in the Principality. Let's start outgrowing our new gaff, now that would be interesting.

terry hunt

I hope we concentrate on winning trophies and not having players suspended.
I know it is tempting to go beating up players we dislike but Noble and Klotz have already shown what a dirty sneaky pair of SOB's they are so they may well instigate trouble on their terms and get our players in the box like last time.
I notice from an interview on the Blaze website that Klotz has a fairly large nose but he also wears a visor so beware of obvious traps.

Kal

Pretty sad I've gotta miss this one. I have to attend a wedding and initially thought oh well its only blaze we'll probably play them 10 or so more times anyway but this looks like it could be one of the best. Thank god Icetime have got the on demand sorted so i can watch it Sunday!

Gospel

Devils Vs Blaze with Hicks the ref. Its gonna be a blood bath as Hicks cant control a dog on a lead. Huge penalty minutes being dished out, game & match penalties pretty much a given.

Firstly I cannot believe there was no bans handed out after the 1st game. Hicks lost complete control and his bottle. Problem is now for both sides is that if anyone puts in a dubious hit or if players go out to get revenge he will be all over it like a rash, and can see players being kicked out and even handed lengthy bans.
Surely the main priority is to ensure the points are in the bag, the rest will take care of itself, because its a long season, and there are plenty of other games to play Blaze.

Devil94

Yes can see game penalties being called early on, just so that he won't have to deal with shenanigans later on. I know the officials aren't too flexible with their appointments and schedule etc. but to appoint Hicks is just daft after the game between same two clubs two weeks ago.
Thinking about it, doesn't Hicksy choose who goes where? So he would have chose this game for himself?

SteveKing

Extremely gratifying to see the ticket sales as strong as they are. To tell you the honest truth, we were quite concerned about our gamble in bringing Bordy in. We made a pretty significant bet that the people of Cardiff would come out to see this team. I've always believed that it's up to the club to earn the support of fans, not the other way around. Hopefully we continue to do so.

I can't even tell you how excited I am about being at that Sheffield game next weekend. I'm having a tough time concentrating at work!

With Hicks being in charge I think he will be looking to penalise anything and everything after last time and now with the anticipation thats building I think this could end up quite a dull game than what most think it will be, of course with Hicks in charge it could be the complete other end of the spectrum too.

The Devils need to be smart and clean and just concentrate on the game

jimmy snels

Extremely gratifying to see the ticket sales as strong as they are. To tell you the honest truth, we were quite concerned about our gamble in bringing Bordy in. We made a pretty significant bet that the people of Cardiff would come out to see this team. I've always believed that it's up to the club to earn the support of fans, not the other way around. Hopefully we continue to do so.

I can't even tell you how excited I am about being at that Sheffield game next weekend. I'm having a tough time concentrating at work!
I love that you comment on here and give us that interaction.
Really pleased with bordy signing and for me complements the team well, in fact he shows quite a deft touch at times. Great to see such strong sales as well. Im bringing 4 of my cricket buddies to Sheffield game in anticipation of what i think will be a big physical game. After all we all hate the steelers!!
If i can be cheeky steve and ask a question, when you say a 'significant bet' did you initially not intend to carry a spare import or more the person or style to gamble upon?

voth26

Think the steelers game will be feisty, Fitzy might feel brave and try to goad Bordy?, with regards to bringing Bordy in for me that was a masterstroke, he is 100% a team guy keeps the opposition honest and he is always looking to lay a big hit/check which seems to unnerve D-men causing turn overs. Devils have always had an enforcer who can and will step up but was also able to put up points eg Vother, Mcwilliam etc and is something we definitely needed and is something we missed last year to a degree

voth26

I hope we concentrate on winning trophies and not having players suspended.
I know it is tempting to go beating up players we dislike but Noble and Klotz have already shown what a dirty sneaky pair of SOB's they are so they may well instigate trouble on their terms and get our players in the box like last time.
I notice from an interview on the Blaze website that Klotz has a fairly large nose but he also wears a visor so beware of obvious traps.
Think you right Blaze can score goals but are with out doubt very capable of cheap shots as per last game!! for me get the much needed points in the bag, and then see what happens. Chances are Numpty noble will try and piss Bordy or someone else off, trying to draw the penalty and knowing hick's hate for us we will end up shafted for sure. this is definitely a game the Red Army needs to do what we say we do and that's for EVERYONE to be LOUD and PROUD and NOISEY as hell

SteveKing

I love that you comment on here and give us that interaction.
Really pleased with bordy signing and for me complements the team well, in fact he shows quite a deft touch at times. Great to see such strong sales as well. Im bringing 4 of my cricket buddies to Sheffield game in anticipation of what i think will be a big physical game. After all we all hate the steelers!!
If i can be cheeky steve and ask a question, when you say a 'significant bet' did you initially not intend to carry a spare import or more the person or style to gamble upon?
We didn't intend on carrying a spare import. Things changed for us when Russell and Hervato left late so our plans had to be modified and in order to get what we wanted in our lineup, an extra had to be carried or someone else dropped. I'd rather trust the Devils fans to come out and pack the place than drop a player.