Devils v Panthers - 02/10 @ 18:00 - CCup - Chat/Updates

KaneDevils

As I said you're wrong, the face off was the next sequence in play and the first they could get at each other after Nielson threw the original bad hit after a whistle and was threatening smaller players and McGrattan.
If I was a team mate of his, I'd be hoping he showed more anger and aggression after a "bad hit". You'll see what I mean if there's one on a devil tonight!! ;)

Last edited:

Electro

Guessing neither of you have seen the way McGrattan prepares for a fight then? Does the little skate around whilst leaning over, pretty much every time.
Nope, never seen any of McGrattan fights, games, in fact I've never been to a hockey game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arw

N
If I was a team mate of his, I'd be hoping he showed more anger and aggression after a "bad hit". You'll see what I mean if there's one on a devil tonight!! ;)
Nielson played the fool and McGrattan didn't need to do much really. I'm sure we'all see more aggression at some point in the season, he's still finding his feet a little imo.

Nope, never seen any of McGrattan fights, games, in fact I've never been to a hockey game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
To be honest, that wouldn't really surprise me!

-

Topic needs to get back to the game anyway, there's a McGrattan topic elsewhere.

Going for a 4-2 win for Devils. Bordeleau & McGrattan not fighting.

Out battled out muscled all game. Poor devils performance. Bordeleau offers a lot more than mcgrattan and I'm glad we got him, he hits at every chance policed the game really well,mcgrattan was slow and looked like he was here on holiday tbh, all that being said panthers were solid defensively and very sharp on counter attack :(

solelace84

Panthers deserved that win. We went in hard in the first period, but seemed to slack off all except the end of the second and third periods. I expected a lot more tonight, but we were shooting high and wide a lot (just like last night). Won few battles, sloppy turnovers. Missed Myers on the ice tonight. Darnell was atrocious (as usual) but that's not why we lost.

Wannabe2

One of those nights tonight, we werent at the races at all, we could still be playing now but when it ain't your night, it ain't your night, all teams go through that, it's now about forgetting a bad day at the office, and moving on. We are a very very good team, and much better than what we showed tonight, great shame that in front of a good crowd we blew it. So that's now history and this team is so much better than what we saw tonight.

august04

I thought the Devils were absolutely shocking tonight. Bowns had a poor game and for me looked shaky all night and I'd like to see Murdy given some game time against Coventry next week. Offensively, we created very little and let's be honest, our goal was a bit of a freaky one too. We missed Scott Hotham badly after he left the ice. Depending on how Hotham is, I'd like to see Lord shake it up a little and get back on the ice next game, and freshen up that top line, who went missing tonight. I quite liked Haddad with Ulmer and Bentivoglio but I'm not sure about Doucet on that line at all. A poor performance all round. Quiet too in IAW tonight, you could feel the frustration of the crowd. I think a clap banner giveaway is needed too to get some noise in that building. You could hear a pin drop at times tonight - not that there was much to cheer about.

Foxy

Dire performance. You cant get a shot on goal if your just peddling the puck around the boards and for christ sake stop looking for the extra pass all the time. Take the shot.

Time out with 38 seconds to go and two goals down...... why!!!!

I dont even think Panthers played well. We made them look good...........

solelace84

Quiet too in IAW tonight, you could feel the frustration of the crowd. I think a clap banner giveaway is needed too to get some noise in that building. You could hear a pin drop at times tonight - not that there was much to cheer about.
It was loud for most of the game where I was sat. I even commented in the first period at how loud it was...

Jeez that was horrible, I thought we looked ok until the panthers scored then we just seemed to fall apart.

Still games like this are going to happen at certain points in the seasons of its no panic at the moment

ASHIPP

We just watched the best team in the League....the Panthers. Outstanding rock solid defence and god help when their top two scorers (Schulz and Clarke) come back from injury.
The Devils were outmuscled tactically and mentally tonight. Several players had an off night and the team were caught out of position and lost numerous turnovers. Missing the influence of two experienced players in Scott Hotham and Matthew Myers....hope Scott is ok. He took a big shoulder hit.
Neilsen's ability to change the game plan really showed as the Panthers packed their zone once they went ahead. Used McGrattan cleverly to screen Bownsey on key plays.
Devils had insane poseession and dominated parts of the game but spent so much time passing and looking for the perfect goal that Pacl had plenty of time to prepare.
Bordy offers so much for the Devilssetting up passes but his skills are not utilised enough. A giant of a man who could have been used brilliantly as a goalie screen. For me, Bordy was our best player tonight.
Another CC game lost....only 3 games left to get enough points to qualify for the next round...need something special

august04

It was loud for most of the game where I was sat. I even commented in the first period at how loud it was...
I think that's the problem though. You get small sections of the crowd cheering independently but it seems to be difficult to get the whole arena involved at the same time. I don't know why that is but I think it's easier to get things going throughout the arena with the clap banners.

solelace84

I think that's the problem though. You get small sections of the crowd cheering independently but it seems to be difficult to get the whole arena involved at the same time. I don't know why that is but I think it's easier to get things going throughout the arena with the clap banners.

True.

I find where I sit, it's loud. But the closer you get to the glass, the quieter the noise from the crowd appears to be. It will take time for people to get to know the people sitting around them, so that they're comfortable enough to make lots of noise. It will come - of that, I have no doubt :)

jimmy snels

Absolutely crap tonight.
Bentivolio is starting to get on my nerves if im honest, he keeps slowing play down and rarely wins his 1 on 1 battles. Also lacking scoring threat & if im honest, I really expected more.
Morrisette worked hard again as did haddad for the first two periods.
Louis looked gassed all night.
I agree we should get lord out there next week and get hitting again, bordy piggot and haddad shouldn't be the only ones dishing it out to get turn overs.
Tactically we were very one dimensional tonight. To do the same thing over and over without success is stupid. Nottingham will do this to us all season if we dont mix it up.

august04

Speaking of Myers, what a load of baloney regarding him not being allowed to play tonight. Kelman called it a 'gentlemans agreement' as part of his release. You see it sometimes in football when a player out on loan doesn't play against the team loaning him out. That's understandable as the team loaning out would still hold his registration. But he's our player, not Nottingham's now - and he was missed tonight.

Wannabe2

We just watched the best team in the League....the Panthers. Outstanding rock solid defence and god help when their top two scorers (Schulz and Clarke) come back from injury.
The Devils were outmuscled tactically and mentally tonight. Several players had an off night and the team were caught out of position and lost numerous turnovers. Missing the influence of two experienced players in Scott Hotham and Matthew Myers....hope Scott is ok. He took a big shoulder hit.
Neilsen's ability to change the game plan really showed as the Panthers packed their zone once they went ahead. Used McGrattan cleverly to screen Bownsey on key plays.
Devils had insane poseession and dominated parts of the game but spent so much time passing and looking for the perfect goal that Pacl had plenty of time to prepare.
Bordy offers so much for the Devilssetting up passes but his skills are not utilised enough. A giant of a man who could have been used brilliantly as a goalie screen. For me, Bordy was our best player tonight.
Another CC game lost....only 3 games left to get enough points to qualify for the next round...need something special
Best team in the league, that's a weird call when we played so poorly tonight, we were all over them like a rash at their gaff, Panthers played well tonight especially with only 14 skaters, but we weren't at the races tonight not one bit. Tonight we could still be playing and still not score, nights like this happen unfortunately,but we have now had ours and so we now move on.