Devils v Clan - 11/09 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Rabbitohs4 said:
What did hendrikx say or do for there to be such hate towards lord??
Starts a fight and didnt wanna shake his hand? Terrible person glad he left us...

Great win for the devils.. braehead look terrible especially there goalies both nervous and unsteady!!

Ulmer I didnt notice rosehill was quiet too.
I'm guessing Lord ditched him from the club, so Hendrikx is probably a bit annoyed at him. Personally, I was never that bothered by Hendrikx, but I could at least have some sympathy for him if he was thought to be staying then gets kicked to the curb. Not after tonight though.

Think we looked a bit better tonight, but Clan are struggling, so it's hard to really tell.

Jonesy83

https://twitter.com/marcjones_83/status ... 2188803072

What I managed to get of the Lord / Hendo tilt.

There were a few slashes to Lord from Hendrikx when he had the puck and this all started of in a very Fitzgerald type way of trying to get the jump on someone when they weren't particularly ready from the view I had.

I really enjoyed having Hendo as a Devils player and it's sad that there's this sort of bad blood between him and the club but he done himself no favours at all tonight.

Good win tonight, the boys must have had a rocket after last night. Thought we started really well, then let them come back into it towards the end of the first, but after Myers' goal (what a goal) onward it felt very comfortable for us.

Asselin gets better and better in every game I see him play for us, I think he'll prove to be one of the signings of the year. Bentivoglio was sublime tonight too, the only player who didn't quite look at the races was Bordeleau but that's probably just lack of ice time.

On Hendrikx, I was kind of hoping he would incite something in as much as I thought it would do more for us than it would for them, and it did. Either way though, to not shake Lord's hand at the end was really poor of him - you don't have to like somebody to do that. Good to see Lord not shy away, not that I thought he ever would. Let's leave Hendrikx to suck on his sour grapes and crack on with our season.

PS that pass from Asselin to Mo was unreal.

august04

Taxi for Finnerty! That's the worst Clan team I've seen for ages. I don't think they'll win their conference, never mind the league - and Jeff Ulmer looks like he's picking up one final pay cheque before getting his old age pension. And the less said about Trevor Hendrikx, the better.
Devils looked good tonight, particularly the Asselin, Martin, Morrissette line and scored some beautiful goals. I'm not expecting Bordeleau to rip up the league in scoring but he's obviously popular within the dressing already and will start connecting with those hits soon. He was straight over to Rosehill too at the end when he having a go at Lord. Just carrying on like that and protecting his team mates will do just fine for me.

sionlikesmusic said:
Good win tonight, the boys must have had a rocket after last night. Thought we started really well, then let them come back into it towards the end of the first, but after Myers' goal (what a goal) onward it felt very comfortable for us.

Asselin gets better and better in every game I see him play for us, I think he'll prove to be one of the signings of the year. Bentivoglio was sublime tonight too, the only player who didn't quite look at the races was Bordeleau but that's probably just lack of ice time.

On Hendrikx, I was kind of hoping he would incite something in as much as I thought it would do more for us than it would for them, and it did. Either way though, to not shake Lord's hand at the end was really poor of him - you don't have to like somebody to do that. Good to see Lord not shy away, not that I thought he ever would. Let's leave Hendrikx to suck on his sour grapes and crack on with our season.

Think that's a bit harsh. I mean, it's just speculation, but say Lord did tell Hendrikx he wants him back only to get kicked out later. Would you really want to bother with someone that unprofessional?

Braehead were very poor tonight and was a completely disjointed performance from them. Made the game quite boring to watch as they never looked competitive. Louis looked good tonight, sharp and effective. Hendrickx v Lord was a bit of a non- entity from where I was sitting.

Foxy

Well if rosehill and hendrix play like that all season Braehead wont win anything.

Hendo totally unprofessional........ even if there is a grudge you leave it off the ice and act like a professional. He cost his team big time tonight. Really childish

First time I've had a chance to see us play and have to say I am mighty impressed with both Asselin and Bentivoglio, don't get me wrong there were a lot of very good performances tonight but these 2 stood out for me. The hockey smarts and passing were just incredible, Benti was like a wasp tonight and didnt give the clan a chance when it came to any 50/50's.
Unfortunately the clan were poor and Hendo just showed why the club were right to not re sign him in the end.
Still some things to iron out but I am more than happy with that showing.

Well everything seemed to come together tonight, nearly full arena, great new intro, team playing well and getting a good win which makes last nights result all the more frustrating.

Breahead were terrible, have they got more players to come in or is that it, they are going to need changes quick if that's what they've got.

Hendrikx well.........you made your point by getting a few punches on Lord then sitting out for 17 minutes while we built a lead so just shake his damn hand at the end, you don't even have to look at him if you don't want to but just shake his hand

voth26

WD59 said:
sionlikesmusic said:

Think that's a bit harsh. I mean, it's just speculation, but say Lord did tell Hendrikx he wants him back only to get kicked out later. Would you really want to bother with someone that unprofessional?
Are you really serious with your comments about Lord, read Steve King's post about Lord and Todd and the reputation they both have. Hendrikx was an ass tonight, he didn't prove anything and was a total jackass for not shaking lands with Lord at the end

bdevil

WD59 said:
sionlikesmusic said:

As pointed out on a different thread, Hendrikx signed for Clan in July, he would have been negotiating with them for a bit of time before that so would have know. Where he stood with the Devils before that still. Steve King also commented on the fact communication to Hendrikx was clear from the get go. Hendrikx has a bee in his bonnet because he was let go, simple as that. Last year the same happened to Clarkson, he came back to Cardiff with respect for everyone and had cheers and applause from the crowd. Hendrikx was unprofessional and bitter tonight.

Mooney#16

Hendrikx: Most selfish thing I've seen in hockey at any level.

Devils: Great performance. Not perfect with a few mistakes but still great.

Asselin: Bloody great player. Huge pick up.

Intro: Much improved. Great work

Zorb football: Hilarious. I want to play.

Chuck a puck: great to see so successfull.

Referees: a very good performance. Quick to criticise but never praise but thought that was really well officiated.

Great evenings entertainment.

ASHIPP

Hendo alone didn't cost Clan the game. His actions were personal and not 'team first'.
But Braehead played poorly tonight - very disjointed with nervous goal tending.

What was great to see from our guys was how little time they allowed Clan players on the puck. Once in posession, the Devils recycled and set up very quickly....Braehead had little chance to mount an attack. Devils' pp still needs work but thought the pk and defennsive play was really solid.

Mo so deserved the MOM. Other very worthy contenders ut oour Captain lead in all respects tonight.
Bordy is a giant of a man with a huge presence....no-one (especially opposing teams!) is going to forget that. Devils played like they were 7ft tall tonight. He looks like a real team guy.

jimmy snels

Got to add to the comments on MOM's (which i totally agree with), bownsy made a few really really good stops tonight. A couple of them world class. Great stuff.

Hendrikx was a mug. My feeling is what we "know" isn't the whole story, but he 100% put his team on the back foot and cost his team a pp goal for giving his old coach a cwtch. Can do that every night if he wants the idiot.

Refs seemed to do a decent job and good to see 10 minute misconducts for getting lippy. Hope they all do it. He certainly took no shit!

voth26 said:
WD59 said:
sionlikesmusic said:

Are you really serious with your comments about Lord, read Steve King's post about Lord and Todd and the reputation they both have. Hendrikx was an ass tonight, he didn't prove anything and was a total jackass for not shaking lands with Lord at the end

I believe actions over words. Not calling Lord or Todd (though some of Todd's actions with Belfast were questionable) out and this is a side of the sport we never truly see. So, if you choose to blindly believe King, then that's up to you.

Hendrikx was a donkey in the game, no question there.

Cannot believe how bad the Clan were last night. Watching on the webcast, only Leavitt and Boyd showed any signs of interest. Jeff Ulmer could've been sat in the stands for all he contributed to the game.

If they play like that against the better teams in the league, Braehead will struggle to play above .500 this year.

Finnerty must be fuming - not many chances to take points off their key rivals for the league, and they looked totally disinterested.

My only disappointment from the game is we didn't test the back up much as he looked very ropey playing the puck behind the net. Think we could've added 2 or more goals if we had got some shots on net.

Great performance from the team. Thought Bordy looked a bit rusty but guess he hasn't trained/played much and will be over that pretty soon but his presence seemed huge. When we scored our second you could see him giving every guy on the bench a high five/head tap.