2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

noodlesboy said:
Anyone seen McGrattan's tweet? Suggests maybe a move to the panthers is on?
I believe Big Ern's tweet was in response to being bombarded by Panther fans 'begging' him to sign for them.
I'm lead to believe, from an informed source that we approached Big Ern some months back and he said he had no plans to come to the UK.
Big Ern is being lined up for a front office job within an NHL organisation.
Never say never, however I think this is just a case of 2+2=5

ASHIPP

Big Ern was back in Calgary a few weeks back rumoured to be involved in a series of interviews with the Flames organisation. After reaching icon status during his time playing for them, it is highly likely that is where he will go.

Ejercito Rojas said:
noodlesboy said:
I believe Big Ern's tweet was in response to being bombarded by Panther fans 'begging' him to sign for them.
I'm lead to believe, from an informed source that we approached Big Ern some months back and he said he had no plans to come to the UK.
ASHIPP is correct. I can't see Big Ern changing his mind in such a dramatic fashion. Anyway, I am over the moon with Bordy!! :Banana

Electro

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

I read that tweet as a "who are the Panthers". It's more of a mock than an acknowledgement of future plans.

Then again everyone has a price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with what's been said regarding McGrattan.

Though more along the lines of it being in response to the begging from some of our fans and him wondering who Panthers are, in a polite way, rather than the mocking.

EIHL fans are so easy to manipulate it's unreal. Nothing more than a Question Mark with Panthers' twitter handle and people think it means he's coming to us. Someone on the Cage even saying it means they're both in contact :DWD

No chance in hell will McGrattan ever come over here, far too many options open to him in Canada within the game for him to even bother looking how many teams are in the EIHL.

Only suitable suggestions/rumours i've seen are Josh Gratton & John Scott though obviously the latter is very doubtful. Simms' comments regarding us speaking to him/agent about him is the only reason i class it as suitable. All other 'rumours' which have been plucked from EliteProspects' Free Agents list with nothing to back the 'rumour' up are nothing more than garbage and it's incredible how stupid people are to assume we're talking to a player because someone said their name.

PantherB, there was never a suggestion that there was a mocking context to Big Ern's tweet, just a 'who are all these tweets asking me about the Panthers'. He is so involved in North America it's untrue.

However it is interesting who you guys are going to land.

Electro

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Assuming his grammar is good, the use of the ? Indicates uncertainty.

Had it been in reference to fans nagging, I'd have expected some reference to them as a direct question.

Maybe he's back on the booze and writing crap on Twitter.

Who cares.

Devil May Care said:
PantherB, there was never a suggestion that there was a mocking context to Big Ern's tweet, just a 'who are all these tweets asking me about the Panthers'. He is so involved in North America it's untrue.

Electro suggested the mocking part.

That's my point/thinking, he'd never come here due to his involvement in North America.

PantherB said:
Devil May Care said:

Electro suggested the mocking part.

That's my point/thinking, he'd never come here due to his involvement in North America.
PantherB, don't worry about Electro...everybody ignores him!! :lol:

ASHIPP

Electro said:

Who cares.

That's pretty cruel thing to say about someone who battled to ovecome his demons and addictions and now helps counsel young players in the big league about managing lifestyles,pressures and related mental health issues. Would regard his turn around as a success story in a sport where those serious issues were not widely acknowledged until
only a few years ago.

Electro said:

Had it been in reference to fans nagging, I'd have expected some reference to them as a direct question.

Who cares.

Electro - I often wonder if you are on the booze or something considerably stronger consider all of the total shite you write on this forum !

kingmo19.2 said:
Electro said:

Who cares.

Electro - I often wonder if you are on the booze or something considerably stronger consider all of the total shite you write on this forum !
I can not stop laughing, post of the day for me...hands down!!

Electro, love him, is like a frustrated sabateur of our club who is no good at it!! Funny.

Devil May Care said:
kingmo19.2 said:
Electro said:

Who cares.

I can not stop laughing, post of the day for me...hands down!!

Electro, love him, is like a frustrated sabateur of our club who is no good at it!! Funny.
Devil May Care - Glad to be of service Sir.

Electro said:

Who cares.

Do you have to work hard at being such a complete tool, or does it just come naturally to you?

I think it will be Josh Gratton. Already based in Europe, whereas McGrattan seems settled in the US . Fits the Janssen style mould nicely as well.

Would be a good signing for them, although I wouldn't want him over Bordeleau.

ASHIPP

TommyDevil13 said:
I think it will be Josh Gratton. Already based in Europe, whereas McGrattan seems settled in the US . Fits the Janssen style mould nicely as well.

Would be a good signing for them, although I wouldn't want him over Bordeleau.
Simms has pretty much been hinting Josh Gratton a few days ago.

Ejercito Rojas said:
noodlesboy said:
Didn't see that coming! Great signing for Panthers and the league. Not so good for Sheffield tho! :D