Play -offs Quarter finals

Always a tough match against the stars tho I think Devils have had the better of the results over them this season!Do you think the Devils will have enough to go on and win the playoffs if we beat the stars and get to finals?Me personally,I feel that to lose the league to Steelers two years in a row on the last day of league season that Lordo should be telling the boys,enough is enough,let's go make a statement,win the playoffs and use that as a springboard for the following season!
The more we are used to being up there with the panthers,steelers etc the more experience/confidence to see us through the tough, scrappy games throughout the league season

DevilDom

Some really interesting match ups.

The Stars will be no pushovers and have already beaten us home and away this season. Although I agree with the decision to play the home leg first it does carry a risk if its close after the 1st leg playing the away leg second.

Steelers playing their bogey team, Blaze. Blaze have been one of the form teams in recent weeks whilst the Steelers will still be on a high after piping us for the league title.

Clan playing Flyers who have had the better of their recent meetings although Clan have had a good run of late and have the advantage of the home leg second.

Panthers and Giants will be very close and could swing either way. Both teams have lots of big game players so it will depend who turns up on the day.

Would love to see a final four of Devils, Flyers, Blaze and Giants, however expect to see Devils, Clan, Steelers and Panthers.

Have Hope#35

Animal said:
We've opted to play at home 1st on Saturday (26th). This is the same day as the World Half Marathon, is it me or is that a bit crazy given all the traffic closures etc in the city that day?

http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... -saturday/
They have to pick the date that best suits the team even if there will be a bit of Road Congestion... It would appear that they expect most roads to be re-opened by 5pm which would be plenty of time for the Devils Game! Details Below:

ROAD RE-OPENING

There will be a rolling road closure in operation along the course.

The majority of roads will reopen three hours after the start at 5pm. If there are still runners on the course they will be asked to continue on the pavements to allow the roads to be re-opened. There will be signage and marshals still in place as the roads re-open to help guide anyone who needs to transfer to the pavement.

For more information on road closures please consult our website at http://www.cardiff2016.co.uk/event-info/residents-and-spectators/road-closures/

Correct decision to play 1st leg in Cardiff - means Dundee have a long journey before both games. Tough tie, but exactly what you expect at the business end of the season!

Temme

Steelers v Blaze
Devils v Stars
Clan v Fife
Panthers v Giants

I'm going for
Steelers
Devils
Fife
Panthers

Does anyone know the layout of the semi-finals at finals weekend?

tim78

I'm not sure if I read it right but is the Playoff quarter final included for season tickets holders (did think it originally was)?

were_gonna_win said:
might be a silly question. but.

why didn't clan move into 2nd place, by winning their conference ?

Playoffs
The season ends with the playoffs. The top eight seeds progress to the two-legged quarter-finals (home and away).

The Elite League champions will be seeded number one for the playoffs, while the second seed will be the winner of the Conference that does not produce the league winner.

The remaining six playoff spots will be taken in order from the final Elite League table.

In the event of the league title winner not winning their Conference, the order will be as follows.

The number-one seed will still be the Elite League winners with the two Conference winners taking seeds two and three (higher rank determined by their league position)

Seeds four to eight will then be determined by the Elite League table.

Taken from the Elite League website under the EIHL tab.

We finished above Braehead in the league so are seeded second.

Finny

were_gonna_win said:
might be a silly question. but.

why didn't clan move into 2nd place, by winning their conference ?
Because the league winner didn't win their conference.
So the two conference winners are seeded 2nd and 3rd, based on the order they finished in the league.

Gough60

Ok being positive (not premature) when we beat stars, do we play the winner
of the clan/fife game, as panties/giants game lower seeded and therefore in that
context should play no.1 seed? Or will the EIHL with wizardry and magic have another way
the squeelers can progress to final. :DWD
Just putting it out there :lol:

Ffil06 said:
Ok being positive (not premature) when we beat stars, do we play the winner
of the clan/fife game, as panties/giants game lower seeded and therefore in that
context should play no.1 seed? Or will the EIHL with wizardry and magic have another way
the squeelers can progress to final. :DWD
Just putting it out there :lol:
Seeding is set again for the playoffs. We can't predict until we see the four winners but we can't play the steelers in the quarters, as if we are both through then steelers play the lowest seeds remaining and we play the others.