Recent content by Wizard91

1. W

Parking this weekend?

Would be good to have some sort of official word on this or something from the Devils / council. If Morrisons is out it is going to be chaos getting a few thousand cars into a few hundred spaces. Add in the regular swimming gala's and I can see the arena being half empty as people can't park...
  2. W

Feedback to Greenbank

Yes, possibly not quite so important for Devils at least while attendances are good but in the example above I don't think the person was there for the hockey he was just looking for the ice rink and thought it had been demolished while standing right next to the new one. Just in general for...
  3. W

Feedback to Greenbank

Not sure if this is the appropriate place but my parents were at the rink recently picking up pre-season tickets and when walking back to the car park bumped into someone looking for the ice rink. He pointed to the empty ground where the tent used to stand and said "there used to be an ice rink...
  4. W

Devils Vs Steelers - March 15th - 6:00 pm - Chat & Updates

Re: Devils Vs Steelers - March 15th - 6:00 pm - Chat & Updat I hope the Squealers players and management took the opportunity to go and get their photos with the challenge cup during the period breaks tonight. Mind you if they did and saw the swimming pool and diving boards next door I doubt we...
  5. W

Devils Vs Steelers - 18th & 19th October 2014 - Chat

It's a good job Steelers know our weaknesses otherwise we might have beaten them by even more! :Banana Could have been a 4 point weekend but a home win missing 2 import D isn't too bad & a brilliant performance from all. Maybe more careful Sheffield press releases are required in future...
  6. W

Devils Vs Steelers - 18th & 19th October 2014 - Chat

Can't comment on ref last night as I wasn't there but it would be really interesting to see stats on refs in this league like number of game and match penalties handed out and number of players that have had further suspensions as a result of 1 ref and for how long etc. over a season as I think...
  7. W

Signing News !

Only going on what was said in the WalesOnline article above which could obviously be wrong but says he has Irish links and would be using the Euro spot. One of the sites is wrong! :-)
  8. W

Signing News !

Wow wasn't expecting this signing but I think this is a great move as these guys will really be pushing each other for ice time. Also interesting to see that Hudson will be using the Euro spot leaving 6 import slots still to sign. Makes that an even bigger deal.
  9. W

Matthew Myers Ban

Nice to know we are already starting next season disadvantaged as usual if and that is a big "IF" Myers and Lord return. 2 key players if they re-sign out for the start of the campaign. Will Cardiff ever start a season with a full squad? As proved time and time again all games count so starting...
  10. W

HARDING/KALUS BANS

Usual high standard of elite league officiating. Surprised they didn't wipe the ban out completely and blame Marsh for ramming his head into the edge of the plexi. This league is better than most comedies on TV! We will never get anywhere trying to get sense or equality out of the league. This...
  11. W

Devils Vs Panthers - 16/01/14 - 7:30pm Face off - Chat

Did anyone have a good view of the Harding hit at the end which got a match for checking to the head? From what I could see Adam missed the check putting himself into the boards and the panthers player then came away holding his face. I'm guessing there was an accidental high stick that caught...
  12. W

Away from the doom and gloom, tonight's other headline...

Re: Away from the doom and gloom, tonight's other headline.. Thank you Have Hope #35 you seem to have understood my original comment and point. I wasn't there so I don't know, however more often than not these instances are created from bad decisions and bad calls during the game (cheap shots...
  13. W

Away from the doom and gloom, tonight's other headline...

Re: Away from the doom and gloom, tonight's other headline.. As soon as I heard about this without any detail I said I bet Hicks was the ref! Funny how all of this sort of stuff always seems to happen in games he has been in charge of, wonder why that would happen. Oh well, at least a bit of...
  14. W

Cardiff Devils Vs Panthers - 30th Nov 7:00pm - Chat and Such

Re: Cardiff Devils Vs Panthers - 30th Nov 7:00pm - Chat and Kwall wasn't in net as he's out injured and has been for a few games. Was their second backup import keeper in net and to be fair our guys really worked all 5 goals so not much down to keeper. As for hit on Ben should get a ban but...
  15. W

Conboy gets 12 game ban

Spot on Koop, agree 100%. I have no problem with the ban if it was proved to happen (not convinced from what I've seen) but how can the elite league come out and say a deliberate check to the head which caused injury etc. however they wrote that report gets 4 games after previous yet an...