Recent content by tim78

1. T

Devils Vs Panthers - Sun 12th Aug - Aladdin Cup Final showdown!!

Early days, though Nottingham to me look like they could be setting records straight this season, a younger and bigger team with a coach who could really put us to a test. Good start from them, man for man marking and covered the ice really well made it look like as though there wasn't much...
  2. T

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

I'd be happy with Strachen or Hotham as the final signing. Until the season starts we the time comes there's still hope, wasn't the comment at the start of the season 4-6 new signings. 2 down another 2 to go, really hoping for a quality centre. 3 weeks to go. 8)
  3. T

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

mm sharks - Paul Martin
  4. T

2 days to mega friday

is this a hint #TuesdayThoughts Off season sucks but it is 'only' 47 days till we're back at @IceArenaWales
  5. T

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

Too many jaggered little pills
  6. T

CHL

Draw's still on the 16th
  7. T

Signings on Monday.

I thought Murdy was a strong contender for starting place elsewhere. He does deserve one, though it would be at our loss. If it's a brit pack - Myers, Bownes and Richie.... though I wouldn't want to chose between Batch and Moore unless we announce both. If it's a Canadian pack - Marty...
  8. T

The End of the Edinburgh Capitals

I wonder if it's time for the EIHL to have a 2nd tier with a smaller number of imports more brit opportunity. There are plenty of teams that could make the cut (Telford, Romford, Blackburn, Solihull, Hull, Whitley Bay, Paisley, Murrayfield, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Lee Valley). Also increase...
  9. T

CHL

Please Please give us Munich for game day 5!!!! https://www.oktoberfesttours.travel/oktoberfest-2018/
  10. T

Steelers take it

bbc has the devils playing nottingham in the semi's!
  11. T

Be crowned champions?

Panthers can only get 77pts (based on 56 games, 45 played - 11 to go) their currently on 56pts
  12. T

Be crowned champions?

This seasons team does seem more confident (as do I in them), but never say never. As we're getting closer the next 2 weekends are crucial to the team sealing things up (ignore that comment on the Belfast game!) but it puts in my eyes an enormous mountain for any of the other teams to climb.
  13. T

POSTPONED - Devils v Storm - Fri 2 Mar 2018 - League - FO 7:30 - Chat/Updates

I'd say the best the club can do is confirm the conditions around the rink a few hours before. If it is good to go with warnings and likely hood some fans are stuck then a free webcast to ticket holders would be a top gesture. I don't see it being that bad tomorrow but do realize some aren't...
  14. T

Who is the best former NHL player to play in British league

Cough Cough... Glenn Anderson scored more goals and won more Stanley Cups. Not sure if he played only 3 or 7 games for the Devils but it was the first super league season and he walked the goals.
  15. T

Who is the best former NHL player to play in British league

Theo Fleury seemed to walk it though we did see Glenn Anderson in Devils Jersey who could have arguably been as impressive if stayed.