Recent content by Slartibartfast

1. Slartibartfast

Love this.

Yes. I remember the Devils coming out to that. I bought a compilation album because this song was on it. Long before the days of music streaming and the internet of course,
  2. Slartibartfast

Graz 99ers vs Devils - 7 Sept - CHL

The interview with the Graz coach Doug Mason was conducted in German much to the surprise of Aaron Murphy. (They are in Austria Murph). After years of learning German, I can finally put it to good use. Heres my best attempt at a translation. Canadians speaking German sound weird. Interviewer...
  3. Slartibartfast

Graz 99ers vs Devils - 7 Sept - CHL

Great result. Much better performance than against Mountfield. Changing the lines seemed to work. The passing was much slicker and again at times the Devils dominated despite being heavily outshot. As others have commented the new D players are now shinning. I think Lordo has got the recruitment...
  4. Slartibartfast

Devils vs Graz 99ers - 1 Sept - CHL

The best team won. We had more SOGs, won more face offs and looked the better team for most of the game. Graz had a very strong first line with the big money guys but all four of our lines competed. It shows that its not all about the big name signings. We also saw the best of all our new...
  5. Slartibartfast

Devils vs MAC Újbuda - 25 Aug - Preseason

Thanks. First line makes sense to me. I would like to see Pope and Linglet swap places. We know Linglet and Dixon work well together and I think Masis European style would fit well with Linglet. I also think Haddad and McNamee being good playmakers could unleash Popes scoring.
  6. Slartibartfast

Sorry to inerrupt this `we need a new arena to have any chance of trophies ` post but I repeat my question on the small matter of the game. Please could someone tell me what the lines were.
  7. Slartibartfast

I missed last nights game. What were the lines?
  8. Slartibartfast

Potential lines?

MacNamee surprised me also. Very skilful guy and hardworking. As for Masi I would pay the entrance fee just to watch him play. Just love everything about the guy. I also think that Dixon Masi Haddad line will be awesome. Dixon has started this season like he ended last season, hitting...
  9. Slartibartfast

League comparison?

Slightly off topic but I found this website which shows the salary range for European leagues. It includes the EBEL which has a wide range from 27,500 Euro to upwards of 130,000 Euro. It explains why we saw quite a varying standard in the players last night...
  10. Slartibartfast

Pre-season games

I would not usually go to 2 matches in one weekend especially a friendly but I have just booked my tickets. Hope its as good as last night.
  11. Slartibartfast

Pre-season games

What really surprised me was that there seemed times when they struggled with our speed. I thought it would be the other way around. Great fitness level to start the season with.
  12. Slartibartfast

Pre-season games

Well that was worth the money. Great first game and Im tempted to go tomorrow also after that. What a debut for Marjamaki. He is a wrecking ball. In the first minute he slammed a guy into the boards (cleanly) upsetting their defenceman so much he followed him and cross checked him in the face...
  13. Slartibartfast

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

He seems to hold his own in fights
  14. Slartibartfast

New ticketing system?

I bought my tickets online for the first game. I paid for it and it said payment successful but then didn't give me the option to print the tickets. The mail went into my junk folder which suggests it a new system. It panicked me for a minute until I found it and was able to print the tickets...
  15. Slartibartfast

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

Looks like a very mobile D man who reads the game well. Bad language alert on the video. (Pointed out by my 9 year old son unfortunately)