Recent content by RTfarty

1. R

This team

9 points off a team that dominated their way to the league trophy. Three or four wins that include relevant opposition and we would be champions. This fan base has become one of the most exhausting in the entire country.
  2. R

"People pay to see fighting"

The game still ‘suffers’ from the reputation of old for casual punters, and in fairness, it was often the selling point of many a die hard fan looking to bring someone new along. I would argue it still is, and when the antics of the good old days (and they were good!) don’t transpire I think you...
  3. R

GB

What I'm getting at though, is assuming Russia and Belarus will, eventually, be allowed back (and thus avoiding any 'risk' of relegation this year) how is it that a team can be relegated when I assume France and Austria are coming up from the lower division to make up the numbers?
  4. R

GB

Is relegation still on the cards with Russia and Belarus being replaced this year? How will that work?
  5. R

Playoff Weekend

Four competitive fixtures on show as well, as Streatham take on Solway to decide the NIHL Division 1 champion (North v South league winners).
  6. R

Six Nations to be played behind closed doors

It truly baffles me that after all this time, this still needs explaining to people. It perfectly encapsulates the arrogance of people and the blind eye they're willing to turn towards leading experts in science and medicine, usually in favor of their 'own research' they've done on Twitter and...
  7. R

Interesting article on junior development

Fantastic. To go from playing junior hockey in the UK to a AAA team in the US system is an incredible achievement and not one that many have ever achieved. It takes a very driven individual to pick themselves up after being cut and go again, all credit to him. Sounds like he is on a great path...
  8. R

Haddad released by Greenville

Graz99 currently has 18 registered forwards on their roster. Would be a heck of a jump from the ECHL to the ICEHL too - can't see how he would slot in there at all.
  9. R

Out of curiosity, what was your boy's path from Cardiff juniors to AAA like? How did it all come about?
  10. R

More ice time, better competition, and superior coaching are why kids go abroad. In the UK, junior teams play 15 to 20 games a season over 8 months, 50% of which end up being cricket scores. Compare this with Europe/North America where they're playing 1-2 competitive games a week and we're...
  11. R

Devils website

Agreed, the site looks excellent! The footer credits Limegreentangerine who has been in charge of the site for the last couple of years now, great to see.
  12. R

2 Ales and Hockey tales by Wally

The Dave Simms episode was a particular highlight as well - love him or hate him, great insight and a brilliant storyteller.
  13. R

NOTTINGHAM SATURDAY

To play devil's advocate, it's a huge burden and onus on Stewards to enforce mask-wearing. I've seen plenty of attempts by staff to do the same in shops/supermarkets etc. turn very nasty over the past year or so - and I'm not sure how fair it is to put, what is usually quite a young team of...
  14. R

20/21 Squad

Hard to disagree with this - could very well be a contingency plan for Lord and it wouldn't surprise me if every player from last season is looking at their options in other leagues given the likely possibility of a shortened/cancelled season.
  15. R

20/21 Squad

Very interesting. My experience with Ben is the exact opposite; very humble, hard working and has time for everyone. One of the best players the Cardiff junior system has ever developed and I would love to see him in a Devils shirt next season.