Recent content by RossDaws

1. R

Who would be your ideal next HC and AC?

Think Todd will be having words soon. This is the second bit of news he's jumped the gun on now.
  2. R

Fan Night Q&A

For those who attended fan night: were there any interesting points raised in the Q&A that fans who couldn't make it should know?
  3. R

5th place ?

I see where you're coming from. I guess it depends on how much the system Dupes wanted to play came into recruitment in the summer. For example: if they're struggling with passing and zone entries, logic says to adapt to a dump-and-chase game. But we haven't really got the players to suit that...
  4. R

5th place ?

I'd say it's a bit of both in this year's case. Powerplay structure may not be the best currently, but it's not the coach's fault when players misplace passes or miss defensive assignments.
  5. R

5th place ?

Players lost faith in Skalde. Rumours at the time suggested he wasn't as committed as people thought he would be. No matter how good of a coach someone is, if the players don't buy-in, it's over. Curious as to what the situation in the dressing room is this year, though.
  6. R

Keep or Can

If only Richie was a leftie... I'm sure both Fourns and Hoth have a lot to thank him for.
  7. R

Keep or Can

I hear you. The point I was making was time is on Crawford's side. Fair enough, Hoth was one of a kind. Fourns is arguably my favourite Devils player to watch ever, but he wasn't immediately the best defenseman in the league when he came in. In his last two/three seasons, however...
  8. R

Keep or Can

Crawford needs to be one of the first names re-signed. Simple as that. To have a defenceman that young (in EIHL terms) with that much upside is a massive coup. Sure, he's a little bit raw defensively. But he can skate, make plays and has one thing we've cried out for this year: passion. With...
  9. R

Fournier Released

100% this. Being a D-man in a 5-man rotation is rough - especially when they've had to do it for this long. Only one pairing has been a real consistent 'line': Crawford and Thompson. Once Jardine is back, it'll be far easier for Batch, Louis and Richie to build chemistry with their respective D...
  10. R

Breaking News: Devils sign new player

Seems a good pickup imo. Credit to Dupont for playing through injury these last few weeks, especially if it's one that'll keep him out the rest of the season.
  11. R

Ben O’Connor released

Jards has only just moved from the EBEL to the Finnish top league. Can't see him swapping Helsinki for the Bay, unfortunately.
  12. R

Ben O’Connor released

Makes sense. Though, considering the D-men left on our roster, I can't imagine Skalde will want the boys to be jumping into the play too much anymore.
  13. R

Ben O’Connor released

Ben's choice or the club's do we think? I know Todd prides himself on never firing a guy at Cardiff
  14. R

Frolunda - wow...

In CHL news, Frolunda just absolutely trounced a short-benched Mannheim team 10-1 in Germany...
  15. R

Haddad released by Greenville

I'm probably late to the party on this, but another point regarding our players being vaccinated: Pretty sure having non-jabbed players would be a logistical nightmare in terms of players having to isolate. E.g in August when Davies and Batchy tested positive the Government guidance was if...