Recent content by Rich Best

1. Rich Best

Faryna Leaves

Thanks Steve. We appreciate all you guys do very greatly. Love the team this year and love that our 'slumps' these days still see us within a couple of points of the top.
  2. Rich Best

Devils Vs Flames - 5 Dec 18 - League

Myers plays a similar role to Mo, and has one less point. My perception is that both Mo and Myers are doing their job very well this season, and are absolutely key on the PK. I am guessing without knowing that our PK stats are right up there, as usual? We have plenty of fire power, we must have...
  3. Rich Best

Devils Vs Flames - 5 Dec 18 - League

Why does anyone feel the need to pick that performance apart?! That for me was one of the most enjoyable games of the season. We played with such passion and intensity tonight, it was a joy to watch. I always felt confident we would come out on top. We absolutely bossed overtime, controlled...
  4. Rich Best

Faryna Leaves

It is very rare to win 2 league titles in a row, and I expect when Steelers did they would have talked about 3 in a row. No one is saying we have a right to achieve it or will achieve it. But having won 2 in a row, we have a chance to be the first team in Elite League history to win 3 in a row...
  5. Rich Best

Faryna Leaves

You are joking right?
  6. Rich Best

Faryna Leaves

This is such a huge pity, and a huge blow. All the best Justin, you have been a true devil and will be missed.
  7. Rich Best

Devils Vs Stars - 2 Dec 18 - League

Watch Lord's interview, I think it sums it up in a very level headed way. There is a lot of good in our play. I think if we compared our shots on goal and offensive zone time to previous seasons we would be at record levels. Our finishing (shot conversion rate) is up and down this year, but...
  8. Rich Best

Devils Vs Stars - 2 Dec 18 - League

I am glad our slumps are so un-slumpish these days! We are playing well, business end of the season is where it matters after Xmas.
  9. Rich Best

Flyers Vs Devils - 1 Dec 18 - League

Every game is important, but not sure we are at must win stage yet. Belfast will almost certainly drop double digit points between now and the end of the season. They are in superb form at the moment, but they will hit some snags. The most important thing is that we beat them in our series of...
  10. Rich Best

Enlighten Me

You just HATE that the original poster here actually has a point, and that some people support that point and share his / her opinion. Yes, I question whether people are true fans when their sentiment is so strongly negative. But I am aware that this type of fan exists with every team, it is...
  11. Rich Best

Devils Vs Flyers - 21 Nov 18 - League

Solid, solid performance. Controlled the game on the whole. I thought the defence was very organised. Although the shot count the first two periods was relatively even, we had almost all the Grade A chances and Owens made some top saves again. Linglet is definitely now in his groove, we have...
  12. Rich Best

Enlighten Me

I think your point has been proven after last night lol. Only 1 page so far, may stretch to 2, probably won't reach 3. And it was a home game, so that 'reason' is out the window! Fife are a quality team, definite contenders, but the 'fan' base on here will be luke warm about a win. The big...
  13. Rich Best

Enlighten Me

Psychology is massive in sport, anything that negatively impacts psychology (even to a small degree) should be cancelled out. A very good call from the management. It is just a pity that a 'fans' forum is not more positive and that losses or a bad spell of games are so massively blown out of...
  14. Rich Best

Drew Schiestel Signs

This looks a quality signing, welcome Drewwwwww! Block out the negative 5%, they say nothing of benefit to you or others. The 95% of fans are right behind you and are here to encourage you to give your best. #happyclappers
  15. Rich Best

Enlighten Me

Papers sell because of bad news not good news. Forums are rife with negative minded people who love to vent and criticise. Just because this is the way it is doesn't make it right in my opinion also. It is a pity that the devil's management have to tell players not to look at this forum. If...