Recent content by Pickett

1. P

Devils v Clan - 11/09 @ 18:00 - League - Chat/Updates

Enjoyable game last night. Bordy is definitely going to be a big presence - I liked seeing the way he interacted with the rest of the players, seems like a great time guy. I think he's a little rusty (as expected) and was almost trying too hard to impress and make some big hits - but that's a...
  2. P

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

Re: 2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans Panthers sign Brian McGrattan!
  3. P

Interview with big Patrick

What exactly has Hendrikx been saying about the club (and where)? I've had a scan on Twitter and can't see anything... But curious as to the content! Sunday should be interesting - although personally I think with Rosehill's facial injury, it will be a quieter night than it otherwise could have...
  4. P

2016/2017 Rumours & Offseason Random Shenanigans

Lord used to fight a lot when he was in the AHL - classic case of, do whatever you need to in order to get into the NHL. He then took a bad concussion, missed most of the year and has barely fought since. He is clearly not interested in fighting these days unless not given the choice - I...
  5. P

Nice concept.. but in reality that doesn't happen. E.g if one of our players makes a bit hit and hurts one of the opposition, but they are a non-fighter, do you really think that'll stop Fitzgerald from dropping the gloves and laying a beating? No. Good example would be when Hudson laid a big...
  6. P

A lot of teams have toughened up - even ones which were tough last year. Look at Belfast - Nickerson, Keefe, Vandermeer and have added an additional AHL power forward in Riley. That's a lot of players for Louis and Batch to deal with (and it seems that Batch's family are concerned to see so...
  7. P

Devils v Banska - 20/08 & 21/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Banska - 20/08 & 21/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda If we are indeed "closed for business" as indicated in another thread - what are people's thoughts on Lord benching himself for these exhibition games? Realise the result is not important, and it's good for him to get a view from the...
  8. P

Any update on this? Gone quiet... ;:|
  9. P

Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Updates

Re: Devils v Zagreb - 13/08 & 14/08 - Exhibition - Chat/Upda Out of the new guys, standouts for me were: Brine - looked solid on the puck and always seemed to have good defensive coverage. Think he will be a solid two way player for us. Louis - seems a great upgrade on Hendrikx in terms of...
  10. P

Andrew Lord

Pretty sure Francis was sat at the back of block 10 in the first period watching from there (unless my eyes failed me... either way, it was someone in a suit!)
  11. P

Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/17

Re: Confirmed Signings (& some departures) - All teams 2016/ If Simms is right.. then I'm disappointed to miss out on Rosehill, think he would've added the spark up front that many on here have been calling for. Even more interested in our final two signings now.
  12. P

Parking in Morissons

I was in Morrisons after a game a couple of weeks ago...it was close to closing time and the staff were a bit frustrated with the late influx of hockey fans. I overheard two of the staff talking and there was a conversation along the lines of "well they won't be parking here in a few weeks once...
  13. P

Cardiff Vs Fife -Sun 27th Sep -6pm-Chat/Updates

Quite frankly, neither. It was a great assist, granted. However, I'd hazard a guess that he is one of our better paid players (certainly seemed like a marquee signing for me - he's on the MBA too). In my mind, for one of those top spots we can either get someone that: A) puts up a point a...
  14. P

Cardiff Vs Fife -Sun 27th Sep -6pm-Chat/Updates

I am reading a lot about Salters defusing situations... Great, that's a handy skill and he obviously has more diplomacy than your average tough guy which is shown in his PIM count too, and that's a positive. My gripe is that, when a situation doesn't need defusing, I'd like to see him do the...