Recent content by Phinktastique

1. P

OPINIONS: What do the Devils do?

Yet again, of all the players to focus on during this early off-season, from this years team, it’s our MVP, the EIHL all star player as voted by coaches and best defence-man of the year (for second year running). Makes zero sense to me the negative focus he gets from a few - in the slightest. He...
  2. P

OPINIONS: What do the Devils do?

I’m thinking very similar to this, but changing Crawford to a yes and Busch to a maybe.
  3. P

Devils Vs Giants - PO Semi Final - 20th April - FO 19:00

Yep, all Belfast unfortunately. Massive anti-climax so far to our season. Big 20 remaining.
  4. P

Carruth

Right you are. Yes, it’ll be very challenging to keep hold of him after 2 years here and those accolades to his name consistently, but I hope he stays as this team I feel will be fighting for silverware right up until the end next year. We will not find another defenceman putting up anywhere...
  5. P

Carruth

Marcus Crawford - voted EIHL defenceman of the year. As voted by Coaches and GM’s throughout the league.
  6. P

Carruth

Really don’t get some of the negativity in this area - at all!! Crawford plays so many minutes each game, maximum effort every game we see him play and hardly ever injured (if ever), so very reliable. As people have already alluded to, he Topped the ‘whole league’ in assists this year (as a...
  7. P

Carruth

Couldn’t agree more - all of this. The criticism he gets absolutely baffles me also.
  8. P

Cardiff Devils Awards Night 2024

Fan Favourite: Brandt / Chad Most Valuable Player: Sanford Forward Of The Year: Arniel Defence-man Of The Year: Crawford Most Improved Player: Crandall True Cardiff Devil - a player who gives it their all night after night: Barrow
  9. P

Devils Vs Flames - League - 1st March 24 - FO 19:30

I think Alvaro will possibly tangle with one of our lot tonight - Cox, Sanford or Brandt even (though he wasn't interested when Brandt had words on Sunday). There were lots of words between Alvaro and a few of ours near the bench when we them played them in Cardiff not so long back even...
  10. P

Devils Vs Flames - League - 1st March 24 - FO 19:30

Play in red on St. Davids Day? Would be nice. Devils win - potentially a feisty one mind after the game on Sunday at theirs.
  11. P

Panthers Vs Devils - League - 2nd March 24 - FO 19:00

We need to put to bed this recent record in Nottingham! The guys in the locker room should not need any motivational speeches from PR for this one. We'll win! In regulation!!
  12. P

Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Absolutely - completely agreed with the playoff comment and us then emphasising the fact that we can beat them and they cannot just breeze past everyone. As good as they are they have had it far too easy for far too long now.
  13. P

Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Good question - their looking pretty formidable and impressive and have done for quite some time without much push back from other teams since the turn of the year. Perhaps a antagonise them a bit, wind them up and take them off their game. If that’s even possible. Not sure - though I’m...
  14. P

Panthers Vs Devils - League - 21st Feb 24 - FO 19:30

When we did not capitalise on that 4 minute penalty after the high stick on Ben Davies (a goal then would have taken it to 5-2), I had a strong feeling that would turn the game on it’s head. Excellent winning streak mind - we now have to hold onto that 2nd place and gain traction to get...
  15. P

Devils Vs Flyers - League - 14th Feb 24 - FO 19:30

Yeah, really hope he gets one more crack of it here before the season is out and proves his worth - sadly I’m not sure he will get that opportunity. We’ll see, but a tough one for Russell with everyone playing so well at the moment and the team clicking. I think Chad is great mind as most of the...