Recent content by Pembo

1. P

Devils Vs Giants - League - 27th March 24 - FO 19:30

2nd rather than 3rd probably going to be crucial if we want to do conti cup again assuming Sheffield don’t get stopped in playoffs. Opponent in qualification is going to depend how the cards fall. I think of the potential opponents Fife and Glasgow are the ones to avoid as Fife have shown able...
  2. P

Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

Fair play Ions playing a blinder for Steelers so far.
  3. P

Flames Vs Devils - League - 25th Feb 24 - FO 18:00

Took two friends who had never seen hockey before to this game. Was trying to explain the rules to them but the officials made my job almost completely impossible. "Why did they give a penalty that time but not when something similar happened earlier?" :rolleyes:
  4. P

Devils Vs steelers - League - 24th Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Busch injury - It looked to me like an elbow hyper extension from where I was sitting. Lucky inferno isn’t running an A&E department as that’s at least 3 different joint injuries we’ve diagnosed from 3 different posts! He looked like knew was properly hurt as went straight down to changing...
  5. P

Giants Vs Devils - League - 3rd Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Enjoying this so far. Good effort and look hungry. (This inevitably with jinx the rest of the game.)
  6. P

Giants Vs Devils - League - 3rd Feb 24 - FO 19:00

Ariel on the stream listed as "The one to watch", they are wrong, tonight will be Brandon Alderson unleashed.
  7. P

Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

Cov’s mentality since early season slump is something else. Almost unbeatable if goes into OT. Curran coming back has been inspired. Already has more points for Cov than Giants this season in league. The 8-0 game seems so bizarre. We didn’t really kick on afterwards and they did.
  8. P

GKS vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 13th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Great volume from fans again tonight, pleased for the lads to get the win. Hope Cox and Sanford not badly injured, gave chance for Davies, Brandt and Duggan to see a bit more ice time. Happy for CD to get the winner after being out for extended period, another positive performance tomorrow...
  9. P

GKS vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 13th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Has King gone? Elite prospects page has him as a goalkeeping consultant for a junior American team?
  10. P

GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

Silver lining is we’re hosting. We’d have been tempted to go overseas to see this, would have been major downer for fans to be in Astana out of contention after first game. Hopefully can use the last two games to try out some new ideas or lines and get confidence up before next weekend.
  11. P

Really hope today’s results don’t have the cup won by end of the 3rd game of the tournament. Likely to hit attendance for final two dead rubber Devils games which would be a real shame for the owners and staff given huge logistical changes/organisational challenges they have overcome, and hit...
  12. P

So, we ideally need Herning to win this afternoon in regulation and for us to win in regulation to give us something to play for Sunday night. I assume if Astana win another game in regulation even if we win final two games they win because of head to head record?
  13. P

Nomads Vs Devils - Conti Cup Final - 12th Jan 24 - FO 20:00

Feel so sorry for the owners. Took on the costs and logistics of this weekend. Half full rink and we may be mathematically out of it tonight. Fans were loud despite not being so many of us, credit to block 13, but also the fans in general. We were buzzing after second ended. We looked...
  14. P

CANCELLED - Devils Vs Giants - League - 7th Jan 24 - FO 18:00

I agree, if there was such a thing as a good cancellation this was it. Avoid injuries, go into a 3 game weekend with an extra recovery day and after a win with a bit of pep in their step. Also happened early enough to avoid a 4 hour round trip wild goose chase! Rest up Devils.
  15. P

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

Couldn’t get leave so can’t make this one which is a shame as we will nab a fun OT win heralding the start of the traditional official Steelers collapse. Cox MOTM. Go Devils.