Recent content by Paul Sullivan

1. Paul Sullivan

Abuse being hurled at Devils Management

The people who hurl this kind of abuse aren't exactly famous for doing it in a public environment, unless they can hide behind a twitter handle or a username. You won't see them approaching Todd in the bar, as a rule. Yes the Inferno membership has been brought into it - though of course that...
  2. Paul Sullivan

Early face off times

Not cool. Simms territory. Except he's so out of the loop he would probably say Manic / depressive. Not at all cool. As a member of the MIND team for the UK Charity allstars and a passionate advocate for mental health issues, your comments are crass, ill-informed and just plain offensive to...
  3. Paul Sullivan

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2018/19

We really do suffer from 'fastest gunslinger' mindset now - we all assume each of our players has to all be first team all stars and every other team wants to take us down. I'll take that position. It's easy to talk about one guy replacing another, and all that really does is place pressure on...
  4. Paul Sullivan

My Turn - the premiere

Hope everyone that attended - and there were a lot of us - took the full measure of devotion that the My Turn movie offers. An astonishingly good piece of cinema, lovingly and expertly crafted. I tip my hat to Rhino and everyone involved - that was a beautiful way to deliver the My Turn message.
  5. Paul Sullivan

Your most memorable moment from the WNIR

Game wise, hard to ignore 'that' Nottingham bench clearance. But I can't choose one. Having the honour of the pre-game warmup of the Crowd (and their huge wall of song) for the CC in 2006 and Phil Thomas kindly arranging for me to perform the last ever pre-game anthem were huge personal moments...
  6. Paul Sullivan

I get this viewpoint. For me though I've never enjoyed having your tough guy (if we even have one this year) on D. Too big a hole to cover for 5 minutes or God forbid, 17. I do however love knowing nothing, and blindly speculating with trust in those who make the signings. It's fun for hockey to...
  7. Paul Sullivan

For those not on Twitter, Steve has said there will be a new player to the Club.
  8. Paul Sullivan

I think had Hoth not scored 'that' goal, we would have been talking about those ones of Gleason's in Guildford and Coventry even more than we did. Fantastic returning signing and with Fourns and Richie already on the blueline, I think our collective pulses have lowered a little. Great job Devils.
  9. Paul Sullivan

My Turn - the premiere

Sorry you will miss this Boz. At present we only have plans for this showing, but that could change. I don't know what the distribution / licensing situation is regarding DVD / Blu-ray availability, but if either of those additional routes are a possibility then I know Franny, Corky and I would...
  10. Paul Sullivan

My Turn - the premiere

Not everyone is online, that's true and is a very good point. The premiere is mostly being promoted online though, so that is the target market. We are hoping that word of mouth will also spread the news to our offline friends. I'll be honest, I don't know what on the door options will be in...
  11. Paul Sullivan

My Turn - the premiere

Thanks Gaz, that's very generous. Also, thanks to the Mods for pinning, that's very much appreciated. Spoke to Franny earlier and Catie and Scott are so totally pumped for this, and Catie can't wait to see her Cardiff friends again. We know the Red Army will do Scotty proud once again, thanks all.
  12. Paul Sullivan

My Turn - the premiere

Not strictly Devils hockey but I hope the Mods don't mind this being posted here. The Devils are proudly hosting the UK Premiere of the documentary film made about Scott Matzka, and his 'My Turn' campaign. A significant amount of shooting took place over the few days of the Matchka events, so...
  13. Paul Sullivan

Thank you Andrew

Such a unique package of talent is going to be all but impossible to replace in one jersey. I would expect the 'slack' so to speak to be covered across the whole team recruiting, not just the D corps. For me though, seeing Marv leave means more than ever that not just the D is a focus - I...
  14. Paul Sullivan

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2018/19

This. Dance with the one that brung ya.
  15. Paul Sullivan

Toughness ......

I've always been a fan of tough players. But I have to say, with a powerplay like we had, retaliating more and going 4 on 4 would imho be dumb, in terms of game management. One game against Belfast in March I believe we went 4 for 7 on the PP - that's insane, and I wouldn't swap any of those...