Recent content by mweller

1. M

Rumours & Offseason Nonsense 2019/20

I think Masi will play 1st/2nd line and Benti 2nd/3rd, but pretty much agree with this. It relies a lot on Pope recovering his points form as he'll be 1st/2nd line, and if he scores like he did at the start of last season, then there are lots of goals amongst the others. If not though and that...
  2. M

Cardiff Devils Confirmed Signings & Departures 2019/20

While I agree with this often, wrt heated posts during the season, I think this criticism of the forum is a bit unwarranted on this occasion. It's fair enough to discuss in the off season which players might return, and where an upgrade might happen. Mainly just for the fun of discussing it. I...
  3. M

I've heard Pope was re-signed ages ago - don't know how true it is. If we get the Pope who started last season - great; the Pope who finished last season - good; the Pope in the middle - not so much. So it will depend on if they feel they've identified the cause of that dip - if injury then fair...
  4. M

He means the package on offer to players to lure them here - not the "package" on the ice. The number of departures from the Giants which they would have liked to retain, compared with the retention rate of the devils would back this up. Who actually has the best team come August will be up for...
  5. M

Excellent news - There are lots of players I like and would have back, but Martin, Bowns, Linglet and Fournier are the crucial spine of the team I think. You can add around them and you'll have a team capable of challenging for the title again. While we all get excited about new signings, the...
  6. M

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

My point was he said we shouldn't take things to heart. But why is the onus on everyone else, and not on him to not be deliberately offensive? People should take responsibility for what they say and not leave it up to everyone else to sift through the offensive crap. That doesn't seem too...
  7. M

Player opinions ....

Now you're getting the idea. Although you need to add "voicing my opinion in an aggressive, toxic manner that damages the club and the relationship with fans", then you'd be close. As you would put it "Bye Devilsatw"
  8. M

The Pitfalls of Social Media and Forums

Ok, you may not use Twitter, but it's pretty widely used. One of the great things about UK hockey is that we are close to the players - they come in the bar, they chat after games, you see them in the Co-Op after the Vaxjo game (ok, that one is niche). And you can chat to them on social media...
  9. M

The lack of consistency myth

Excellent summary, thanks. I'd agree with all of this. I'm no fan of the 'toughness' argument that emerges on here, but I have felt in several games when we've got bogged down, we just need someone who causes a bit of chaos for others to feed off (arguably that would have been Faryna). And agree...
  10. M

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

Apologies Chris, you are quite right.
  11. M

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

Breaking news - you are not Lord. PS - thanks for the double peace sign bro
  12. M

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

None of this is true. Fans and the club don't 'got to hear' your bile. No players need to be told if they've played crap. No players enjoy people saying negative things. And it's not up to us to decide if we should take what you write to heart, it is up to you to refrain from posting if you...
  13. M

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

Le massive sigh. So it's either this or completely toxic abusive forum is it? Those are our only choices? No possibility to make the forum a reasonable place to be? Most of us are capable of having rational discussion without being abusive or nasty. If you can't tell that difference then set up...
  14. M

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

Your first point is one of the casualties of the morons on here. By making their criticisms so extreme they force reasonable people the other way, so rational debate becomes impossible. So, getting rid of them will allow for more of that kind of discussion. And I agree, it is completely...
  15. M

LAST NIGHTS AWARDS

Yeah, I feel for you guys, you work really hard but idiots will be idiots. I wonder if, as well as a harder line on bouncing out toxic ppl (the "bye bye Bowns" guy can go for a start, they add nothing good) it's more of a context thing. This is where you come to enjoy hockey chat, not be a nasty...