Recent content by Mooney#16

1. Mooney#16

Carruth

He is the only MVP level performer on the roster. In genuine contention for league defence man of the year. Every other player is average to their peers. I understand the criticism of his style as concerns being a bit petulant but as a D man he has had a good season. Logs around 25 mins a night...
  2. Mooney#16

Devils v Steelers - League - 20th Mar 24 - FO 1930

This is in reality is an absolute blessing as let’s be honest it would just be the last kick in Panthers teeth if Steelers could have taken it on their ice on Saturday. They wouldn’t have deserved that to be another headline in a horrific season. At least now Steelers can do it at home vs the...
  3. Mooney#16

Challenge Cup final tonight 7-30

At least Devils get to play in the CHL again when they turn it down.
  4. Mooney#16

Josh Waller

Already had 6 Brits so Duggan just plays every night now. Harewood is still on a 2 way so could call up if crisis hits. Whilst rubbish to see Waller go down and a lose of a good player it’s not a catastrophe numbers wise.
  5. Mooney#16

Flyers vs Devils - League - 28th Jan 24 - FO 17:15

Given the last release about King was that he was ill then any speculation would feel like bad taste until something different was released. Wish the guy well with whatever his current situation is.
  6. Mooney#16

Flyers vs Devils - League - 28th Jan 24 - FO 17:15

I think it’s a harsh narrative to say doesn’t like. They have too many players so someone has to sit. That’s just Russell doing his job. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like Chad but he has to put out what he believes is the strongest roster. I interpret it as professional decisions over personal and a...
  7. Mooney#16

Devils vs Flames - League - 27th Jan 24 - FO 19:00

Very good performance by the Devils last night. Period 2 they absolutely put Flames to the sword and dominated them in every aspect. Take a bow Bownsy and Josh Batch. Playing some of their best hockey. Particularly happy for Batchy as he is playing so confident and his decision making has...
  8. Mooney#16

Klopp leaving

Heard he is taking over from Keefe in Belfast. Petr Cech going as assistant.
  9. Mooney#16

Flames Vs Devils - League - 21st Jan 24 - FO 18:00

Barrow is starting to really impress me. He does so many small details right. His fore checking and back checking are very good. He angles players well, gets his stick onto the puck on the forecheck and is playing a physically disruptive game and opening ice for Ully and Arneil. He has things to...
  10. Mooney#16

If you criticised the team mid game then you look like a bit of an opinionated tit in this particular instance. Isn’t it just that simple. Not sure there’s a debate to be had. Those who did it just need to wear the hat until the next game.
  11. Mooney#16

That’s a hell of a weekend for Bode Wilde. Been waiting to see a player have the self confidence to put the team on his back. That penalty shot performance was next level skill set and I hope he can really start building around that. Scoring a penalty shot on a deke, backhand and forehand is...
  12. Mooney#16

GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

Well that escalated quick! Be moobs and spaniels ears everywhere before you know it. Let’s be honest we’re not the most rocket laden of fan bases.
  13. Mooney#16

GENERAL - Continental Cup Final 2024

Congratulations to all involved in what was a great weekend of hockey and thank you for facilitating an experience that will be long remembered. As much as Todd is thanking everyone I do think that he too deserves a thank you for having the foresight and ambition to take up the slot when...
  14. Mooney#16

Devils Vs Steelers - League - 3rd Jan 24 - FO 19:30

All that from a tenner. Legend.