Recent content by moggy#9

1. M

Congratulations Steelers

Are you seriously suggesting that the Steelers winning the league was because they weren't in the continental cup, or that our inconsistency was because if it? Getting into European competition is the whole point of the domestic competitions as far as I'm concerned.
  2. M

Congratulations Steelers

Surely your second paragraph deserves a ';-)'
  3. M

Congratulations Steelers

This hasn't been in doubt since some time in December. They have set the bar in terms of consistency, something that the devils have not gone anywhere near this season. We'll likely get another place in the continental cup though. Hopefully we'll have players who are up too the job. In the...
  4. M

Fans' Forum

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brandt given a role in the leadership group next season. Her sets an example and would go through walls for the team.
  5. M

Fans' Forum

That's fair comment. I think that there needs to be a minimal bench strength rule where clubs can't go to a game with less than a certain number of players. Ideally teams should have to put out 22 players for every match. This, if combined with proper farm arrangements, not the 2 way mess we...
  6. M

Fans' Forum

I can't be there, but can someone ask about the apparent spending gap between Sheffield and the rest, and how the devils can keep up given our limited capacity? Also, does a single clubs running away with it threaten the viability off the league and risk it going the way of the super league?
  7. M

R.I.P

My goodness, another loss. The sport has lost far too many former (and current) players lately. Far too young. RIP
  8. M

Retro Night Jersey...

Oh yeah, they were awful.
  9. M

Retro Night Jersey...

Personally if like to see next season's normal jerseys based on a retro design - including the logo!
  10. M

Retro Night Jersey...

That looks absolutely fantastic. As a bonus you can actually read the names and numbers, and the logo looks nice.
  11. M

Check out these stats

Wannabe makes a valid point, but what would be interesting is how this season compares to past seasons. For instance if you look at the point percentage stat iirc around 0.75 or so tends to put a team top or in a battle for top spot. The gap between 1st and 2nd is huge this year. I feel that...
  12. M

Josh Waller

Out for the rest of the season according to devils website. Big loss to the team.
  13. M

Inside Cardiff Devils Episode 4 ?

I've known a number of former and current officials, and I'd suggest that not only would it be quite entertaining, but you'd also need to have to put new batteries in the bleep machine! Iirc that was certainly there experience when premier sports tried it.
  14. M

Inside Cardiff Devils Episode 4 ?

It's always interesting to hear what goes into the match night experiences, so I've no problem with that. As far as the continental cup stuff goes, I really don't need a recap of what I saw. I'd like to see some behind the scenes insight. What little we did see was Pete Russell telling the...
  15. M

OLYMPIC QUALIFIERS - GB vs China (08/02 @ 2000), Serbia (10/02 @ 1900) & Romania (11/02 @ 1900)

I believe that the places are allocated at the discretion of the CHL board. That said, British fans have a big reputation. Hopefully we can get that continental cup slot again. Third time's a charm.