Recent content by mariposa

1. M

Your most memorable moment from the WNIR

Going to my first game during 1988/89 season at 14 and totally falling in love with the sport.. I honestly had never seen anything like it and certainly had never seen ice hockey before, or much sport at all really! Was completely hooked from that day on. Obviously the challenge cup win stands...
  2. M

Next years team.

I agree with quite a bit of this. The team has certainly not been as physical this year although I think they started the season coming out hard every game and really showing their intent. You don't need a team of fighters but you need players to finish checks and protect each other. This...
  3. M

Away players introduction

It also gave an opportunity to boo the opposing players - some more than others!! Did take ages though.
  4. M

Giants v Devils - 23/02 @ 19:00 - CC SF #2 - Chat/Updates

Re: Giants v Devils - 23/02 @ 19:00 - CC SF #2 - Chat/Update Webcast is £4.99 until midnight tonight! :)
  5. M

Info for Season Ticket Holders

Pretty sure it was 32. All league home games, the 3 in the group stage of the challenge cup, plus the quarter final challenge cup and the quarter final playoff game - whatever that all adds up to! The new pricing seems to indicate the same I think.
  6. M

Info for Season Ticket Holders

Page has been updated to say they will offer a 12 month plan with an admin fee of £25.
  7. M

Devils Jersey Numbers

Also Kirk DeWaele I think - loving this thread! :D
  8. M

Culligan back

My unsung hero too! So happy, been waiting for this signing since April!
  9. M

Season Tickets

Hi Steve I was one of the 150, but don't worry have renewed this week! For me it was just getting the money together to pay in full. In previous years I've renewed earlier as there was a saving to be made with the early bird offer. For those saying it's awkward to get down there, I scanned...
  10. M

CC Final

Does anyone know how the gate money etc is being split? Whilst I understand the benefiits of a stand alone final, the previous way would have meant a good chunk of cash for both finallists!
  11. M

Devils Clash with City - 24 November

Information regarding block 3 season ticket holders was in this article on main website. http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devil ... -fixtures/ Need to contact the rink for alternative seats. Agree this is easily missed and don't recall any mention at the game last week either.
  12. M

Time to Gas the Intro

It's nothing to do with age mazza03, it does nothing to build up any kind of atmosphere before the team comes out as the music is way too short. Just as we've started clapping they're on and before the other team! For me, nothing will ever come close to the WNIR intro but I accept we move on...
  13. M

EIHL secures Premier Sports live tv deal

More live fixtures announced, plus our game at Blaze from 19/10 to be shown on 14/11. Think we've done all right so far! http://www.premiersports.tv/ice-hockey/ ... ce-hockey/
  14. M

Buying tickets for August friendlies

Just so people are aware, tickets are not available at the rink until lunchtime tomorrow. Apparently they asked the Devils to put something on the website but I'd checked and couldn't see anything. Hope I've saved others a wasted journey!
  15. M

Stanley Cup finals - game 5

Just wanted to let people know that game 5 is free view on Premier Sports this weekend, early hours of Sunday morning. Word of advice - tape the next 2 programmes too. Game 1 went to the third, yes third, period of OT & with each OT period being 20mins, you don't want to miss any of the action...