Recent content by Koop11

1. Koop11

To win the league

If we can win the league title, I would love us to have to win it at home. The last two have been won on the road. The reality is, the likely games that could happen would be v Manchester on the 22 March, the penultimate weekend of the league season, or Belfast on 28 March, the last weekend of...
  2. Koop11

Season tickets?

I wasn't at the recent open training event when they launched the ST information. Does anyone know whether they gave any information about increasing the number of early face offs (earlier than 18:00) next season? The number of early face offices determines whether a ST is worthwhile for me.
  3. Koop11

DOPS Changes

Having seen the footage, I think the right call on the night was make – 5+game for checking to the head. It appears he makes contact with the head. What I dispute, which has been dramatized by Belfast fans, is that it is blindside and use of an elbow. Both players are chasing down the...
  4. Koop11

MacWilliam & Matulik Podcast

Two Devil greats. I enjoyed this interview.
  5. Koop11

Best Devils Fighter...?

Mike MacWilliam is the toughest ever overall. Closely 2nd is Mike Ware but Ware would take top spot for intimidation and for losing his mind. Voth is a Devils legend and rightly has his banner in the rafters but isn't in the same league as the Mikes when it comes to fighting.
  6. Koop11

Physical poll

The price of success does appear to have come at a cost with entertaining hockey a distant memory at this club. Whilst I accept there is a shift in world hockey in how the game is played more generally, Belfast show year on year that you can play a physical brand of hockey and be successful...
  7. Koop11

Standing Area

Can’t fault the effort from the fans standing in block 13 on the weekend. It helped to create a great atmosphere in a pretty boring game. The ‘trail’ has proved to be a huge success. It will be interesting to see what the club’s intentions are going forward after this trail. Will it be sectioned...
  8. Koop11

Standing Area

There is clearly an appetite for a standing area in the arena. I know many who were disappointed that there was limited standing options in the new arena, although thrilled with the wonderful facility SORAC and other helped deliver for us. The issues are that we have gained around 1000...
  9. Koop11

Goodbye Bownsy??

Looking at it from a bigger perspective, Bowns’ impressive performances at the Worlds is massive for him on a personal level but also for UK hockey as a whole. If he is offered an opportunity to good to turn down then he should absolutely take it. He is still relatively young in terms of his...
  10. Koop11

Final

Best game of hockey I’ve seen in IAW this year (sorry Andrew). It was always going to be. Both Belfast and Guilford play a branch of hockey that you can not like. Fast, high tempo, hard forecheck, finish hits, end to end. This was a final I wanted once we were knocked out and it didn’t fail to...
  11. Koop11

4pm F/off ...

The logic for 4pm FOs times I can understand. Long term the club wants to attract more families/next generation of fans and in the case of young families I can understand getting the kids home and in bed at a normal hour is appealing. However, for not so young families (perhaps ages 5+) I don’t...
  12. Koop11

Ulmer banned

Can't argue with either suspension really. Its frustrating that the players on the ice at the time did not confront Rissling for his actions.
  13. Koop11

Linglet interview.

I would go as far as to say his vision and hockey knowledge is as good as any player we have ever had! Its been an indifferent season in respect of entertaining hockey (better of late though in fairness) but one player I have always enjoyed watching this year is Mr Charles Linglet.
  14. Koop11

Scott Matzka has sadly passed

Very sad indeed. From diagnosis to his last moments were no doubt troubling times for him and his young family but he showed so much courage and positivity which in the long run will be a huge comfort and inspiration to his wife, children and many other who knew him. God bless Mr Matzka and his...
  15. Koop11

Panthers vs Devils - 4 Nov - League

Bowns is an asset we are lucky to have. It’s fair to say this has been an indifferent start to a season. He hasn’t been at his best. Some games he has let more than one soft goal in. Shots he sees are going in which is worrying. The next game, he’ll get a shut out. I guess there lies part of the...